•  
Advertise here

Best offroad tires

I am confused with best offroad tires,that I like to buy soon in a month or two. I amde search on this topic and got siam (tisamia) 900, cooper atr, yokohama geolander atr. If i get some advise from you I will be very happy, thanks have good day.

• Like (+1) 2

You should go for Cooper STT than ATR, they are insanely awesome looking tires for any offroad ride.

I am not an offroader, but seen those with my friend and they look so damn aggressive that they can climb any terrain happily.

Cooper STT is too heavy and you will loose the sand dune climb capability if car is stock without any mods. Overall it looks good and very capable with deafening highwya noise.

Siam 900, is good in sand only, worst in wadi rocks and terrible on road cornering and pathetic in slippery (raining) days.

Yokohama Geolander ATR (1st choice) and  Cooper ATR (2nd choice) are the only good tires that offer good balance of both offroad (sand +wadi) capability and on road safety and comfort. 

If you don't mind spending money, go with Michelin Latitude Pilot Xtra, slightly expensive but worth every penny. It's awesome on road comfort, super quiet, very soft rubber that makes bumps absorb better. In offroad use in sand while deflated also perform very well. Only not so good in Wadi and if you get too adventurous in wadi's you might hit sidewall. Rest all is amazing.

• 8 months later...

Lighter and taller is best. But no one makes those...yes the Siams meet that criteria, but they increase braking distance. Unless you live in liwa and work on a date farm, they will be difficult to balance between wobbly ride at high speed to work and having max flotation in the soft stuff.

I have tried heavy cooper atr, great flotation, but sucks power away due to weight and bigger footprint. 

I am on my 2nd pair of yokohamas...not as bling, but cheap. I prefer a stock size as they are easy to buy. 

Edited by vanhack