•  
Advertise here

Battery died and same spec not available

Im having 55 AMP battery and it died today, search everywhere and in every possible brand and no one has same 55 AMP battery. One shop is conforming upgrading to 60 AMP is safe, I have never tried such change in the battery, please advise if this marginal increase in AMP is fine. This battery is slightly bigger too and shopkeeper saying it will fit with little adjustment in the base adapter. Is it acceptable...?

Have tried the ENOC fuel stations, they do stock lot of inventory of AC Delco and those are reasonably good with slight overprice and AC Delco is at same quality of Ford Motorcraft batteries.

mattd: Yes I tried myself and not with lazy assistance. Everyone has 55 amp but not for the one code number I want and no one is advising that as it's not matching in there catalog record for my car.

Kasim: I will check with ENOC today. Thanks.

Hi Ethan

go ahead don't worry from the extra 5 AMPs it's even better in case you upgrade to xenon lights or audio amplifier ...... just be sure of the type left/right and dimensions not higher so it would touch car body and short and burn the car and not wider or longer so it would bend wires or push fuse box and cut wires or wires insulation.

Good Luck 

• Like (+1) 1

Just a short note on your Ah challenges. The Amp-hour rating is just one of the battery parameters that you've got to look for, there's internal resistance as well, which is as important. In general, you should be fine, as long as the battery fits its housing. I'd recommend against fitting a larger battery, even though "shop assistants" will tell you it will fit... There's the factor of securely fitting the battery in its housing, which is designed to a particular size.

Your alternator is also rated to charge a battery of certain power rating and parameters, there is some risk to overloading your alternator electronics when you fit a larger battery, although the risk with 5Ah is relatively low.

Good luck!

Just my $0.00002 :-)

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Saleem and Milen for your golden words, and as per Kasim advise I found exact same battery in AC Delco in Mirdiff Enoc and got it changed last night. Cheers guys.