•  
Advertise here

Tahoe crackig dassboard

My 2008 Model chev tahoe is a having cracking dassboard, although I have covered it with speacial mat after first crack but anyways to stop making it more cracking by more hgeat and sinlight. Replcing is too much money, and no point if again same broblem then fix this one is bettr.

Only thing you can do is cover with dashboard mat, which you already done (I guess). Second always put sunshdae while leaving car in direct sunlight, this will prevent further cracking of dashboard.

Btw, you can't fix whatever is broken as you can only replace with new one.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

You can actually repair that crack with resin or plastic epoxy from Ace hardware. It will definitely look slightly more ugly but it will prevent further increasing the crack. If you are cover dashboard with mat like fabric cover then it's not a problem.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, roburton said:

Thread revival. Applying protectant that offers UV protection can preserve the original look of the dash and prevent it from cracking.

Thanks @roburton for such a nice and useful advise, do you know any specific brand or name of product that has UV protection powerful enough to protect the dashboard from cracking. I will be highly interested in such product.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.