•  
Advertise here

2016 Jeep Wrangler has turbocharged engine?

zafarali

While checking for my new ride for offroad and dune bashing I found this 2016 Jeep Wrangler it looks like virtually identical to the current model but a after a closer inspection i found that it is a couple of inches longer as there's an extended cowl as well as longer front fenders. 

While engine options remain unconfirmed but some are hinting at the possibility of a smaller displacement aluminium turbocharged engine for Jeep wrangler to increase the fuel efficiency and power. Is that really true? 

2018-jeep-wrangler-test-mule-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100525761_h.jpg

jeep.jpg

jeep2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Turocharged Jeep Wrangler will be more fun if they don't really downsize the engine capacity and number of cylinders considerably. Keep the 6 cylinder and 3+ Liter size for Turbo engine, and it will fly on every dune.

• Like (+1) 1

This Jeep indeed looks bad ass ride and wondering how much kick it will have if stock power-plant comes with turbo charging. What a blessing for true jeep, although turbo charge induction might kill few years of extended engine life but it will be more fun and capability for a true legend.

Only thing need a big improvement is the circular alloy design, gives that early 2000 feel, now more straight spokes is in the fashion.