•  
Advertise here

Toyota Hilux Unveils European Specification. Will that work in UAE?

Toyota has released information and a massive photo gallery with its all-new Hilux pickup truck for European markets. I am not sure is that will be working for UAE also ? Being new in the country not sure about its, Will be great if anybody help in choosing the car with GCC specs. 
Thanks

Toyota-Hilux-EU-spec-0.jpg

Toyota-Hilux-EU-spec-14.JPG

Toyota-Hilux-EU-spec-21.JPG

Toyota-Hilux-EU-spec-31.JPG

Toyota-Hilux-EU-spec-42.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

This looks one hell of a ride man, unfortunately Al futtaim here only brings the industrial type pickup here in UAE and not these nice looking hilux here. I have heard lot about Hilux from my friend who lives in Sweden and he praises the Hilux capability more than LC and FJC.

In short, you will not get these Hilux here. Second even if you import they might run into problem due to cold country spec and not hot country GCC spec car. If you really keen, then you can get the conversion done after you import it and I assume that might cost 2-5k AED changing the hi-spec AC, radiator, water pump, thermostat etc to suit the hot climate.

• 11 months later...
10 hours ago, shadow79 said:

Plus you can't register it on you name unless you are a local or have it registered at your company name

Are you sure on this, as somewhere here I read that this clause only applies to commercial grade of pickup and not to leisure ones like Tundra, Silverado etc. General public can get it registered even without a trade license.