•  
Advertise here

Captiva 2009 sport edition

I bought a brand new Chevrolet Captiva 2009 model on 6th March 2010 at a Showroom in Sheik Zayed Road and i was not happy at all due to the reason that:

1) On the 13 April 2010 (ONLY A MONTH) the car broke down on the road and the top of the engine was caught on fire/ smoke is terrible. This was a terrible incident that cause a horrible traffic in the middle of the Musaffah Road, AUH ( just at the ADNEC area ), whereas we are rescued my ambulance, police and a fire truck. The most unsafe here is that my wife was not able to vacate the car immediately due to the reason that It was stacked at the fast lane wherein mostly drivers are driving at a minimum 100 km/hr, so she cant just simply get out of the car, she might be hit by the other drivers. Lucky the car didnt explode.Thanks GOD!!

2) The car was serviced and diagnossed at one of the dealer in Abu Dhabi, saying that the steering pump hydraulic hose was found leaking, the cooling system hose was leaking and they said this was the cause. (WORST THING IS NO RECORD, NO REPORT AND NO FURTHER ACTION AND RECOMMENDATION WHEREAS FOR COURTESY SAKE I SHOULD KNOW TO EASE UP MY WORRIES) My car was completely out of order cant start at all. I insisted to replace the car after this incident but it didnt happen!

Instead i was forced to drive with fear!!

3) Now the worst thing that I found yesterday 28Feb 2011 was no record of the report and the date that happened were also joggled. I would like to have the dealer to have commitment on extended warranty for letting me use the car until now ( I WILL NEVER KNOW IF THIS CAR WILL LAST), but to my dismay after talking to the Service manager at the Dealer in Sheik Zayed road, I was told again HE will look at it, i EVEN ASKED if I can talk to him personally but I was not given a chance!! the reply was ,the same I will look at it,,, I HEARD THIS already FROM HIM SINCE THE INCIDENT HAPPEN. never again!!

4) During the serviced dates 10K, 20K , 35K and latest yesterday, I have been complaining about the steering vibration at the speed of 120k, steering hard to turn on and off and the also unusual sound remain unfix, they simply said change the tire, but this was already my complain since the first 10k, I would say they should have change it but not. I cant spent a tire costing me money if they are not sure of the problem, as I said it should have been replaced on the 10K service if the tire causes the steering vibration since then.

5) Till Todays date I still end up with frustration ( my car warranty is almost over donno what is the next problem) and dismay that whenever my wife seats at the car and if she smell unusual smell and hear different sound she seems to be terrified, worried and scared because she can't forget the incident, SHE told me MY dream car will never be, IM scared to drive it whenever I got my license.

I'm still hoping if one of the managers who were informed/ copied on the series of email before about this will look onto this matter and help me..., would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

EA

• 2 weeks later...

So sad to hear your long list of problems and cause of frustration. Al Ghandi should have changed the car at first place as it completely sound like a factory defected car. You should have sued them as you and your family could have been in serious life threatening trouble.

If i was in ur place, i would have sued Chevrolet dealer Al ghandi for not obeying the warranty and for playing with records. What kind of malpractice these guys are upto now. Very weird and strange. Sorry to hear that you and your wife has to go through this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys for all your concern and advised. To get it sued and go to all formalities, is not adviceable,

need to have initial payment of 30K to open case, ( i dont have that instant cash).

I plan to dispose the car and meanwhile, will probably rent a Mitsubishi Lancer, for me it is proven good car since I started renting

on March 2007 before I took the Captiva on 6th March 2010.

Need a long plan to get a replacement nice car and reliable one, like mercedes, just a dream!!! To forget my worries!!

Cheers for me!!

• 4 years later...