•  
Advertise here

2006/2007 Pajero 3.8 Litre - rough idle - timing belt

Hi

we have a 2006/2007 pajero (the old body style with the round front fenders). it is difficult to start in the morning and has a very rough idle and to get going in the morning it seems to hesitate quite a bit. This has been getting progressively worse over the past few months. The truck has 108K on it and has been serviced well. Does anyone have any ideas before I stroll into Al Habtoor Mitsubishi and give them them a pint of blood and probably 7 or 8,000 AED?

The Pajero is due to go in for the 100K timing belt change but i have been looking for a place to have this done. I took it to Dynatrade but they wanted 4,930 AED to change the timing belt and water pump and said they couldn't diagnose the engine because they don't have the mitsubishi computer to do this. Does anyone know anywhere OTHER THAN Al Habtoor where I can get the engine diagnosed to figure out the rough idle and while I am at it have the timing belt/water pump changed?

I think the spark plugs need to be changed and the injectors/throttle body probably need to be changed but I really don't want to go to Al Habtoor. The last time I was there they charged me 7,000+ AED for a 'few things' and when I left they had broken the power antennae somehow!!!!

BTW--here is the estimate from Dynatrade....i wish they had a diagnostic computer for the pajeros because i would have liked to have had them do the work as they take very good care of a toyota we have.

Carry out 10K Service (job already carried out) 600.00

2 R&R Timing cover for replacement of Timing belt ,

Timing belt Idler,Timing Belt Adjuster, Timing Belt -

Tensioner & Water pump with labour 3850.00

3 Replacement of Drive Belt 250.00 220.00

Replacement of Drive Belt Tensioner bearing 310.00

Replacement of Drive Belt Idler bearings 2nos 180.00

4 Replacement of Inlet Manifold Gasket 250.00 90.00

What i suggest mate is get all things done at dynatrade and then see if you still have rough idling. As rough idling could be due to timing belt chnage or spark plug change.

If you still got rough idling, then run past some good garage in rashidiya (Auto zone or Al Sahari) or in Al quoz (Technical Garage) or in Al Aweer (Pitco) and get the computer test for 200 aed. They all have X-Launch 421 system that gives Mitsubishi trouble codes.

thanks for the lead on autozone. i'll book an appointment there and let everyone know how it goes. i had booked an appointment for al habtoor but i will cancel that. i'll also try to cleaning the valve you mentioned. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 2011 pajero 3.0 automatic petrol in Dubai.

It is now due a 10K service.

What is required or included for the servicing????

Can any one tell me what is done on a 10k service and how much it will cost including parts and labour????

I know Al Habtoor will be expensive...is there any other cheaper alternative garages I can take it for servicing and still maintain my dealer warranty???

For dealer warranty you need to get all the services done with Habtoor, or else they will void the warranty. Regular services isnt damn expensive too. So better stick to dealer for the warranty period. If during that time something major trouble happen then you can look to outside garage in alquoz and rashidiya: many competent and economical garages are there. for first 10k service should cost you around 500 aed.