Two way Radio (walkie Talkie) is very essential equipment for any off-roader, as this alone device is responsible for establishing clear and life saving communication while off-roading when you don't have mobile coverage. Buying the radio is the first best step in right direction for equipping yourself and then setting it's frequency is the second. As without setting frequency you cannot establish a communication with other off-roaders in the convoy. Although setting up the frequency is one-time task but it's a bit complex job that you need to follow the instructions very precisely. However once you have tapped into the main details, it is very simple and follows the same concept of receiving and sending frequencies.
This should help those members who have Radio were we have to manually set frequencies.
CH Type Frequency Power Output
- FRS/GMRS 462.5625 High, Med or Low
- FRS/GMRS 462.5875 High, Med or Low
- FRS/GMRS 462.6125 High, Med or Low
- FRS/GMRS 462.6375 High, Med or Low
- FRS/GMRS 462.6625 High, Med or Low
- FRS/GMRS 462.6875 High, Med or Low
- FRS/GMRS 462.7125 High, Med or Low
- FRS 467.5625 Low
- FRS 4675875 Low
- FRS 467.6125 Low
- FRS 467.6375 Low
- FRS 467.6625 Low
- FRS 467.6875 Low
- FRS 467.7125 Low
- GMRS 462.5500 High, Med or Low
- GMRS 462.5750 High, Med or Low
- GMRS 462.6000 High, Med or Low
- GMRS 462.6250 High, Med or Low
- GMRS 462.6500 High, Med or Low
- GMRS 462.6750 High, Med or Low
- GMRS 462.7000 High, Med or Low
- GMRS 462.7250 High, Med or Low
Motorola MT777 setting up instruction
- Make sure your set is switched off.
- Press the Moni (black button on top of the orange one on you left side) and menu key together and switch on you set.
- Wait for the set to display SELF (which means manual setup).
- Press Enter and it will show the Channel number.
- You can choose which channel to program by selecting it from the right know on the top of you device.
- Once you have the desired channel, e.g., Channel 3 and than press enter.
- Type 4 6 2 6 1 2 - This will automatically pick up 462.612 5
- keep pressing enter until your set displays the next channel to be set.
- Repeat from step 5.
Crony CN-888 setting up instruction
As an example if you want to set Channel 3, then follow the steps as given below.
- Press Function Key (orange button on top left corner)
- Press 4 (until it shows the frequency range as 12.5)
- Wait until frequency is on the display screen again.
- Type 4 6 2 6 1 2 - This will automatically pick up 462.612 s
- Press the # key
- Change the channel number displayed on the top right corner of the display screen by pressing either the A or B key on the right side of the key pad. Once CH03 is displayed press # again.
- Type 4 6 2 6 1 2 again - Once again this will automatically pick up 462.612 s
- Press the # key
- Change the channel number displayed on the top right corner of the display screen by pressing either the A or B key on the right side of the key pad. Once CH03 is displayed press "C".
This will set your frequencies (receiving & transmitting) for Channel 3, similarly you can follow the same steps along with the frequency numbers to set the desired channel.
I suggest you print and keep a copy of this with you when off-roading, it can not only help you, but others around you.
Hope this is helpful.