•  
Advertise here

Engine splash shield

• 2 weeks later...

The engine splash shield is located under the car actually. To replace the engine splash shield, you have to go under the car. Now before going under the car make sure the new engine splash shield that you buy is specified for your model. If you don’t know the specification, you can check it in the car manual or ask your dealer.

Now, first step is to jack your car. You need to raise the level of your car from ground. To do that, you have to use the jack and the jack stand. Please don’t go under the engine if your car I supported by jack only. It may harm you badly because the jack sometimes is not adjusted properly and the car may hit back to the ground level. I remember when my friend was under the car when the car was only raised by the jack. The jack slipped and the car hit him directly. This was lucky of him that there were people around who somehow managed to push the car higher so that he can come out. So please take care of such things, you don’t want to lose your life.

After doing that, go under the car and locate the engine splash shield. Now locate those shields which are holding the splash and they look damaged to you. If you want to replace the complete cover you have to unscrew all the shields and remove the complete cover. Also, while doing that you can check for engine mounting as well.

Now, replace the shield with a new one. Now if you want to check if the shield is properly installed or not, it’s better for you to go on road test that will help you knowing it. Also make sure that you go upon speed breakers as well to check for the level.