•  
Advertise here

Global Warming and Car

Well, there is lot of ways we can adopt to reduce the emission of CO2 from our car. I can completely understand that it’s impossible to leave your car and start driving a bicycle, that too in UAE. It’s not even an option. But yes, if we just follow some tips, we can definitely reduce the greenhouse gasses emission.

1. Shut your engine down: Well it’s not wrong to say that the Dubai traffic is horrible! So when you are stuck in the traffic, or waiting for your friend in the car, or even just asking an address to a person, shut your car engine. That can almost reduce 5% of emission of greenhouse gases. I know it’s not a big amount, but if everyone of us starts doing that, it will be a huge percent.
  2. Have a moderate driving: When you start driving moderately without rushing to reach somewhere that also helps in reducing the emission of CO2 from the car. This will help in reducing the emission by 15%.
  3. Searching for Parking: I have seen so many people just roaming around the parking area, to get the best parking place. I mean even if the nearest parking is free, they don’t want to opt for it. So one way to reduce global warming is to stop wasting your time to look for a perfect parking and try to do parallel parking wherever found.
  4. Bleeding the brakes: If one bleeds the brake too much, the emission of harmful gases is really common. So try not to bleed brakes unnecessary. If there is any mechanical issue, then give it a try otherwise NO! This can help in reducing the emission of harmful gases by 20%.
  5. Try walking if applicable: Try to avoid driving car when you just have to go two blocks away. It’s healthy for the driver as well as healthy for environment.

• 8 months later...