•  
Advertise here

Fixing head gasket leak

If the head gasket is leaking, you can either fix it temporarily or you have to get the gasket replaced.

1. The temporary solution is using the sealer to stop the leaking. You can get the bottle of the sealer for cooling system or head gasket in any auto shop. You can apply that sealer on the leak and it will help it stopping the leak, but only for few days. This will not fix the leaking permanently. Although, there are many sealers that promise the permanent solution but it does not work like that. Putting the sealer will stop the leaking, but your car will still be overheated. I once thought that sealer will permanently solve the leaking issue when my head gasket in the car was leaking. But I was wrong, my car was still overheating and the head gasket became worse and worse. So believe me, this is only temporary solution. This alternative is good when you are trading your car and don’t want any visible issues in your car.
  2. Replace the Head gasket: The only permanent solution to leaky head gasket is to replace the gasket itself. Before it’s too late and the leaking become worse, you need to get rid of head gasket. I tell you why. If the gasket is leaking and you don’t replace it, let’s say for 2 weeks, it may damage the other parts in the engine as well like radiator and water pump. So your repair cost will automatically go high as you may have to replace the other auto parts as well. It’s highly suggested to replace head gasket when you know its leaking. It’s for your own good and helps you in avoiding any big expense.

So don’t waste your time, and get it fixed. If you think you cannot go to the dealer till weekend, then add the bottle of sealer for a week and take your car to the dealer by weekend.