•  
Advertise here

Which auto parts shop?

Very interesting topic brother. This reminds me of my experience when I was really new in Dubai. Almost 7 years back, I bought my first car in UAE and that was Honda city. I was really excited with this car. After a year, something went wrong with the radiator and had to replace it. I don’t know why I took my car to the workshop, and not the dealer to replace the radiator. It was not covered in the warranty, and that’s why to save some bucks I went to a local workshop. They replaced the radiator and gave my car back after 2 days. I was happy with their car and I left. After some day when I gave my car to the dealer, they told me that the tires of my cars have been replaced and they are not the original one’s that they provided me. Not only that, the battery was replaced with an old one which by the way was corrosive. I was so annoyed by this.

I went back to that workshop. I saw it got shut down and they never opened it back. So ya, it’s really important to investigate about a local workshop before giving them your car for any kind of service. Always check for their AAA certification from the government and Auto industry. Make sure that they have customers before you and it’s a popular mechanic in Dubai. They should be renowned and must be certified with all the mechanical works they promise. It is always good to go for such a workshop which is recommended to you by your friend or close ones, as they are not considered to be fraud. Also, make sure that they are proper billing method when you pay them. I mean the bill must not be on a piece of paper, but should be presented to you on the company memo.

• Like (+1) 1

if you are new to UAE, so dont justthink that every workshop in here is certified for repairs. Every mworkshop and dealers have to go through a process to get the license for their business. It is centralized from the UAE government. As per the rules, they are suppose to provide you letter head bills and payment details. To be on a saferside, when you first enter in any workshop check for their certifcates and license copy. Always and always ask them to explain you for the cost of reapir and replacement, thats a consumer right.