•  
Advertise here

Loss of Fuel Economy

Well I can share what I know:

Engine Misfire: engine misfire causes wastage of fuel that too in a lot amount.

Intake Manifold

Damaged/ Worn Spark plugs

Fuel Injectors: If the fuel injectors are dirty in your car, it results into mixture of fuel leanly, and thus the fuel is wasted.

Compression: High mileage cars have low compression than before, and thus the fuel economy goes really low. Because of low compression, the car sucks up lot of fuel.

Motor Oil: If the viscosity of the motor oil you are using in the car is wrong or not same as specified for your model, it affects the fuel economy of the car.

Air filter: If the air filter in your car is really dirty, it’s interference in engine breathing. And thus, it affects the fuel economy.

Transmission: If the transmission is gone bad: it means low fluid level and slipping, it will hurt the fuel economy and it will suck up lot of fuel than normal.

Tires: One needs to maintain the recommended air pressure in the tires in order to avoid loss of fuel because of low tires.

Brakes: If you have dragging parking brakes or bad brake caliper, it will affect the usage of fuel I the car.

Weightage: Always remember one thing: More is the weight of your car, lesser the fuel economy. So if you have too many junk in your car, your fuel consumption is more. Same goes with passengers in your car. More passengers, more fuel consumption.

Driving Skills: Your driving skills matters the most for the fuel consumption. If you are driving really rash, accelerating and decelerating for no reason, your car will use lot of fuel. Performing stunts in your car also sucks up lot of fuel. So driving like normal people is always healthy; not only for the fuel but for your life and other’s life.

• 7 months later...