•  
Advertise here

Tips for Long Drives

Very interesting question. One should be well prepared when they are planning a long drive or long journey in their car.

1. Scan over: Before you actually get in the car for your drive, you need to scan every necessary auto parts in your car:
  • Motor oil: always check the level of fuel in the car before going anywhere. Also check if the oil needs to be changed.
  • Tires: Check the air pressure in the tires if it is sufficient. Also scan the wheel for any wear and tear. If there is, get your tires changed first and then go for the long drive.
  • Other fluid levels: coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid and refrigerant: all need to be maintained under proper level and scan for any kind of leak in the engine.
  1. A/C: Make sure your A/C is working properly and the condenser is working fine. UAE weather is unbearable without A/C.
  2. Mobile Phone: Always carry a mobile phone with you in case your car breaks down in the middle of the road and if you have to call a recovery.
  3. Battery: Make sure that your battery is working fine and is charging properly. If incase your battery is not charging, its better you replace it before t ditched in the middle of the road.
  4. Brakes: I would suggest everyone that if you are going for the long journey, you should get the complete brake job done in your car. It’s really important especially when you are going for long drives.
  5. Headlights/ Tail lights: Please insure that your head lights and tail lights are working fine to avoid any accident at night time. There have been lots of accidents happening on Shk. Zayed road because of no head light/tail light.

People drive really fast on highway, so always engage the speed of your car with other drivers so that you’re not driving too slow or too fast.

• 2 months later...

Very nicely explained dude. Appreciated. I suppose you covered all the points. Thanks for sharing. I was kinda looking for the same thing as well. Soon going for a long trip with family. I will definitely keep all these points in my mind, Thanks again!

• 5 months later...