•  
Advertise here

Switching to Synthetic Oil

neelam

Well, it is adviced that you should never switch your motor oil. You must use the motor oil which is specified by uour dealer and mentioned in your manual book. If you try to switch to synthetic oil, most likely your engine will suffer from something big and may lead to overheating and sometimes to shut down as well. If that happens, you will end up spending lot of money just sorting the engine out. 

I tried that, and I suppose that was the most stupid thing i did. Actually what happens is that you need to maintain the viscosity level of the motor oil. When you use synthetic oil, the viscosity of the synthetic oil is lesser than ordinary oil, and the oil from the engine starts circulating to other parts of the engine as well. So that results into leakage and what not. I had to get the radiator and water pump replaced because of the oil leakage. So dont switch your motor oil until and unless it is advised from your dealer or auto workshop. 

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating