•  
Advertise here

Toyota Yaris roadtrips

Toyota Yaris is very reliable car for daily run especially daily short runs, but not for trip around UAE. Dont take me wrong, but car is too small for going so much long distance due to serious issue you might face is car is too small to stay in one lane in hihway on hispeed. Second issue is I have not heard any great news about yaris duoing that level of endurance to drive for hours and hours. Third if you plan in next three month be careful about extra heat that UAE will be expecting and make sure that car engine cooling system and air conditioning is in top shape to face 45+ degree heat.

Due to smaller size of engine it limits the cooling capacity of Air conditioning an din hot climate smaller engine cars tend to give up AC after little while of driving or if you stuck in jam then AC will throw hot air than cool air. You can do long trips in yaris in winter no problem.

• 2 years later...

I'd have zero issues doing a long trip in a Yaris. Small and noisy but that's what it is. It isn't a LS430. Drove one from Belfast to Dublin and back many times and had zero issues. Probably one of the most reliable cars on the road. Never done any work on them outside regular oil changes other than change a few front droplinks.

Also to add facts, AC cooling ability has nothing to do with the car or engine size. The main factors are compressor size and condenser size.

Yaris carries the nz series engine which is a vti engine so its a durable and a trusted efficient engine and regarding ac the older yaris has good cooling air condition system the newer ones ac are good as long as they are new later on when we get our hands on it we put the old model compressor and alter the pipes and wiring so it also runs smoothly...and for long drives its OK as long as you fine with the seats they are bit small...