•  
Advertise here

Adnoc fuel quality

mark

1 hour ago, hAwX said:

BUMP....

even though most cars need only e-plus 91 octane fuel... people go for special..

any explanation for this?

Stupidity, ignorance, the belief that if it’s more expensive, it must be better. 

In reality, higher octane fuel is only needed in high compression and turbocharged engines. The purpose of higher octane fuel is to reduce the chances of pre detonation or “pinking”. Putting in the majority of road going cars is just a waste of money. Far better to save the extra cash and put it towards a box of beer. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

More octane means more power and better fuel economy, it's not stupidity/ignorance

Yes it is stupidity and ignorance. Octane rating is the ability of the fuel to resist pre detonation and has nothing to do with power or economy. If you believe otherwise then I guess you fall into one of the categories I mentioned. 

Read this report from the American automobile association,

http://newsroom.aaa.com/2016/09/u-s-drivers-waste-2-1-billion-annually-premium-gasoline/

Stick to the octane rating recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Using anything higher is a waste of money. It will not produce more power or give you better economy.  

• Like (+1) 1

One of my friends mom drives a juke and she used to fill it with super all the time untill i saw it last month and told her.... e-plus is a luxury for juke. Stop wasting money on super and stick with special or eplus...

There is alot of misconception with eplus fuel... just like this thread people say e-plus is so low quality, its bad for the car, theres sand in it, its not refined properly blah blah blah... like for real people, correct me if im wrong but if one the leading fuel co. is selling such types of fuel, dont we have the right to sue them for damaging our property by providing such stuff thats harmful!?

I remember that there was a campaign yearss ago by adnoc to enlighten people about the 'e-plus' fuel and main motive was to save these consumers money... or maybe because thats the only co. that provides it.. true that its not available in all the pumps.. and that cud be because of people who consider it as a 'low quality fuel that kills the car'. 

I used to fill up with eplus... since some MAF issues i started special again and now thats gone im about to switch back again so just wanted to know if these myths have any point.. my cars rated at 91-93.. special is 95 

i have opened a head of a car which only used e plus and of cars who use special only there is a difference there...these e plusy heads have one thing more in them its lil more of carbon deposits...could be wrong 1 time but not many cars having same things in common