•  
Advertise here

What's the deal with slow drivers?

Gaurav

I really want to know what is the deal or reason that all slow drivers in Dubai like to drive in fast lane. Everyday morning and evening I suffer from their wrong choice of lane to drive 60-80 km in a 120 km lane.

1. Do they get ego boost?
  2. Are they really ignorant of speed limits?
  3. Do they take revenge from fast drivers?
  4. Do they get special incentive to block traffic?
  5. Do they love to see dipping headlights behind their back?

What's the rational behind their choices.....?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I couldn't agree any more to your reaction, I feel your pain and frustration. Best way out from this newly unexplainable problem is to drive fast in slow lane. I myself doing that every time I see snail taking over the fast lanes as they tend to block all traffic and everybody wants to move to fast lane to drive fast and leave the right most lane FULLY EMPTY.

Some people are so stubborn, that you even dip light or honk at them and they don't want to move to slow lane. Then cops says tailgate is bad and they will fine those who tailgate, why can't they come up with something to tell people which lane is made for what speed. How difficult is that  :mad:  :mad:  :???:  :eek:

Anyone remember here Cars movie that has radar gun to kill car engine from a distance on a race track. I wish to use same radar gun to kill snail drivers car engine. It's so damnnnnnn frustrating especially when you are late to work in morning.

Have you read the recent news that Dubai Police is installing new camera to counter the lane discpline issue to deal with zig zag drivers. I hope they consider this lane speed issue as well in that camera and announce some fines for driving in fast lane at slow speed.

Danny: I think you may get fine soneday by cops in driving too fast in right most lane, as that lane is for slowest drivers and heavy vehicles.

• 1 month later...

Most of the drivers that drives slow in fast lane is actually a fast driver but busy texting or calling on phone and loosing concentration to keep the speed and resulting in huge gap between the front car. Few drivers do this intentionally that gives them time to switch their eyes from screen to road and vice versa. I have seen this many times, as when you honk or dip light to wake them up they run like a crazy horse in the most dinkiest possible car they have.