•  
Advertise here

What should be the best vehicle for my wife grocery run and my occasional (once a month) sand offroad drives: Land Rover LR2 (2010 model) or Nissan Xterra (2012 model). All advises and bashing is welcome ;-) My offroad is not very aggressive, but I want a capable vehicle for Dubai sand off-road.

Your both options are not in same league dude, and you got to check with your wifey for her acceptance of Xterra than our advise.

• LR2, perfect for wifey or for small run. Nice looking, Safe and reliable but comes with limited offroad capability.
  • Xterra, awesome offroad capability, safe and relaible but less comfy, more road noise but bigger space than LR2 for grocery bags and kids to accommodate.

I am sure now you can pitch her appropriately ;-) Good luck.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Ethan, I gues I lost that pitching opportunity already as I have made her try both cars and LR2 was first and she loved it so much over Xterra that I don't have anyway to say NO. On top of it three of her friends drive same so she also wants that perfect wifey.....gggrrrrrr.

However, lemme try the bigger space logic (thanks a tin) for shopping bags. stroller and baby seat might roll the dices in my favor.

Good luck dude, also you can add that bigger vehicles are an inch better in safety due to larger crush and impact area, though she won't understand those techy words but it will sound convincing for kids safety ;-)

• Like (+1) 1

Hi

I Think the Nissan would be easier to maintain and service and would provide better resale value and have a very good off-road performance since it's based on a pickup truck while the Land Rover LR2 is a cross over based on ford Escape (Ford Torus AWD) and maintenance costs would be much higher (3 or 4 times much as the nissan)

and the nissan interior would resist the sun heat and weather changes better than the Land Rover.

which means if you went for a vacation for few months you just need to wash the nissan and start it and drive which the Land Rover would require some extra care after the same period.

Good Luck 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with many others here, Nissan Xtera maikes a very good choice and I like it's devilish front look. Don't take me wrong and If I am in your place I will get my wife LR2, as if her heart is set on it then why get Nissan and spoil her 90% usage for your 10% desert preference. May be you can take LR2 and do sober desert drive than full bashing style and still bridge the gap. I am not emotional and lovey dovey here but I am speaking logic as per the likes and not likes. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO LR2 is much better for wifey as it is AWD (all wheel drive) and much safer than X. Being offroad capable, I am not sure and I think many here already added much info that X is better than LR2 when comes to offroad. For the sake of wife happiness and much safer I would vote for LR2, mate.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Guys, I have successfully brainwashed or convinced my wife for Xterra, as she is not doing any job that she drive daily but she will drive short trips to mall once or twice a week. We are open for good clean Xterra, if anyone selling here please let me know. 

Thanks for all the advice and real concern, really appreciate it.

I have one for a manager in the company but 2009

It's maroon 2009 Xterra full option with audio control & cruse control and tire pressure monitor and less than 80,000 Km on the clock and parked most of the year in shaded parking in Mirdiff Ghruob

I have the key as he left last month on business and he expected to return sometime next week.