•  
Advertise here

Dubai speedsters should get 2 km racing strip?

nutbolt

I was just reading today gulf news and saw this jaw dropping news that in Dubai, speedsters is asking Dubai Police for to offer 2 km racing circuit that can curb racing desires for speedsters and reduce fatal high speed incidents on the public roads.

http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/transport/dubai-speedsters-we-just-want-a-2km-circuit-1.1535095

My vote is NO for building such strip, as if high speed modification is illegal in the country then this move will contradict there own earlier statement. Tomorrow, bikers will ask for 10 km strip and then offroaders will ask for special dedicated dunes to climb straight and do show jumps.

What's your thought guys....? Im really curious to know from real car enthusiasts here.

I really think it's a good idea to let them play in designated area under dubai police supervision than dying on the road and killing other innocent. Some rules can be broken and other can be bend, so I am sure Dubai Police will think of something smarter to deal with this crazy issue.

Talk is good starting point in right direction.

Nutbolt, it's quite a debatable topic to comment. Why are we even bothered about here for those street warriors, let them do whatever they want to do with their life and money. If they are so serious about either one of the stuff they should race professionally and not egoistically. 

• 1 month later...

I was reading some follow up news and found that some progress is happening in this racing strip, and authorities are seriously considering this idea. Nice but damn unbelievable to think of this to be true.