•  
Advertise here

Peugeot 207 died with a white smoke on SZR

Today morning my beloved (RIP) Peugeot 207, 2008 model with 162,200 Kms died on SZR with a white smoke. I recently got this car and was thinking of having quick run pass by al quoz over this weekend to get thorough check or service and I think she suspect my intention and died before hand. As a first matter of emergency repair, I didn't see the engine temperature rising / AC cut off that means it didnt died coz of overheating (I'm assuming). Secondly dying process was bit slow (not instant), first I had loss of power and then struggle in throttle and then white smoke and then complete dead. I tried restarting her but it didn't help. Put on recovery and send to alquoz shop my friend knows experience in Peugeot and waiting for them to start working on the car as due to Ramadan timing they are overloaded. Appreciate any idea or advise as I am thinking of visiting tonight and explore it more on as-is condition to diagnose the proper cause of this failure. Thanks guys for your help. 

Any indication appear on dash like Overheat, Lo-Oil icon, Lo-coolant icon, Check engine light etc....?

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Sudden but gradually loss of power and white smoke is the only sign of head gasket leak that enable coolant and engine oil to mix together in one of the cylinder head. When coolant gets heated with engine oil, it start burning and result in white power loss and white smoke. In some cars head gasket leak has a check engine light on and in some case doesn't if car ECU system has no time to detect any unusual behavior. Ask your mechanic to do the manual compression test and get the pressure reading of all cylinder that will tell more what's going on inside and why car stalled like this......?

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Amid and Farook, there was no indication on dash I have seen when car died. I told mechanic to find out what's going on and went there last night as well but he seems to be busy with two cars open prior to my car so I got to wait for a while. I definitely ask him to do the compression test if he suspect engine head gasket has developed any leak.

After reading your comment here, I have done bit of research and it seems head gasket majorly fails due to overheat (correct me if I am wrong), but in my case there was no indication of overheat or smoke from the engine bay when car died. It's quite puzzling and contradicting the facts vs theory.....!

yeah max you are right on search for head gasket major cause is overheat but not always as sometime (rarely) due to age of car or kms driven head gasket stop working as it's just a plastic/rubber melt together seal to hold water/coolant on one side and engine oil on other side. In your case 162 clicks is quite much to age the head gasket anyways.

It's also advisable to get the air and fuel system inspect before on jumping on the conclusion that engine is gone bad. As Air intake things possibly could go wrong the first like: Air flow meter, air flow sensor, etc to mess up engine combustion and resulting in smoke and stall. Second to doubt, though unlikely is fuel supply as if fuel is lean or rich then car will stall but without any smoke. Giving you some food for thought, hope you sort it out soon inshallah.

• 1 month later...

I was the owner of one 207 -2008 . Had terrible experience with this little annoying beast. The faster you get rid of this car "as is" for a scrap yard the better you will be. Get any Korean or Japanese car and you will be better off. There are too many sensors in European Cars..many do not work and die out in this Middle Eastern heat. The European manufacturers are not bothered about Middle East/Asian hot weather market. Their market share is so minimal that they do not bother to do Quality Tests in Middle East prior to launch....So you are better of with Japanese or Korean....

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with afzal on this Peugeot make great cars but for cold countries and not here in Middle East. I had a nightmare of owning one Peugeot in past and it wasn't wow experience at all. Run the show and then knock it off as soon as you can.