•  
Advertise here

Removing an animal smell

Hey guys! I recently just purchased a 98 civic. I've since had it detailed, shampooed, cleaned and everything, but there is this lingering animal scent in the car. I'm not sure where to start and what could be causing it. Do you all have any ideas on what it could be? Did an animal live in here at some point? I really hope not...

That's a very funny and weird situation you are in. First get the car detailing from the guys who remove the car seats and do the shampoo and let it dry in hot sun for a day, In such type of detailing they will also remove the carpet and shampoo and let it sun dry so all of the upholstery will be cleaned and sun bake that should kill the smell. You can get these guys in Al quoz or Aweer area and for 300-400 AED you will get good deal, and make sure don't squeeze them on time as it takes 2-3 days so you plan an alternate car and let them wash with water and soap everything and sun dry it properly to kill all smell and germs.

Do you have any good suggestions of places or locations? I am not very familiar with where a good place would be. I would be willing to pay extra for a very good job. I can leave it for as long as I need to to get it done, I just would like my smell to be gone!

Dude, it also could be possible with those shitty gel based air freshener left in car for long time locked in direct sunlight. I had similar case when I went for vacation and came back open the car and almost fainted with pukish smell of those small round tin based gel air freshener.......! 

Update for anyone interested: There was an animal nesting behind the plastic dash components. It does not look like the animal is still living in the car, but there was a ton of insulation from other parts of the car and small feces everywhere. I took apart the entire dash, cleaned very well with a cleaner solvent and washed all of the pieces of plastic from the dash. The car smells great now after doing this. Thank you all very much for your suggestions and ideas.