•  
Advertise here

Pajero RPM dancing at idle

My Pajero started an idling dance recently and showing fluctuation as below actions:

1. At Start: 1000 RPM
  2. With AC: 750 RPM
  3. In Gear: 500 RPM - 750 RPM constant rapid dancing

Although I wouldn't have noticed this, but it stalled my car once when it was cold and I moved immediately from parking and took a u-turn and it stalled in middle of the road.

Appreciate if someone can advise what is wrong and what needed to be replaced.....?

This look like a tune up issue, or inadequate firing at different rpm. Worth checking the spark plug condition, HT leads (spark plug wires) health, and coil health to deliver regular spark at low revs.

Second doubt would go on to battery or alternator if it's working fine or not as on low rev alternator might be weak in producing adequate current to maintain the constant spark.

That fluctuation is coz of ICV (Ideal Control Valve) works with vacuum (i think), get it checked or replaced as it has too little to go wrong. I have had same in my very old model Pajero and ICV change fix the problem, as in my case it was so low that car use to stall 3-4 times when it's cold.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I would advise if cheak engine light is on then get it diagnosed for any sensor faults otherviseothervise just give it a a tune-up like plugs air filter throttle cleaning and fuel filter change