•  
Advertise here

How to install Salik tag elsewhere than on windscreen

mark

Wow, amazing information shared. We are always following instructions and doing as told, this forum has really opened up my eyes to new possibility. My worst experience with Salik tags is the longer you keep a car, the more dificult it becomes to remove it with some yukky glue marks which are next to impossible to remove. Now even I know where to keep my Salik tag for my next ride.

Yes you can safely cut the area inside that white box including the white outline, I have done this many times and RFID tag is way inside that white box exactly in the center and you can feel it loud and clear by touching so you can literally feel the scissor if you go wrong.

Circled area you showed its just a print design and not tag.

This might come as a surprise, it certainly did to me when I found out, that you actually do not need to physically install the tag on your vehicle. A friend told me this sometime back, he has around 12 cars none of them have tags installed so the last time I got a car I did the same and now my salik tag sits at home in my drawer and I still get charged everytime I cross a gate. If you look at the gates they all have cameras installed in every lane and at night have bright lights to light up the plates. I believe the plates are read automatically through OCR by the cameras. 

P.S : This doesn't mean you don't need to buy a tag and register for salik, just don't need to install the tag on your vehicle

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

This might come as a surprise, it certainly did to me when I found out, that you actually do not need to physically install the tag on your vehicle. A friend told me this sometime back, he has around 12 cars none of them have tags installed so the last time I got a car I did the same and now my salik tag sits at home in my drawer and I still get charged everytime I cross a gate. If you look at the gates they all have cameras installed in every lane and at night have bright lights to light up the plates. I believe the plates are read automatically through OCR by the cameras. 

P.S : This doesn't mean you don't need to buy a tag and register for salik, just don't need to install the tag on your vehicle

Wow this is totally new surprise, I used to think that tag has RFID tech and get money deducted when we pas

That's what I thought even though the Tag itself does have something built into it, I think they just changed their minds, maybe too expensive to implement, too many cars crossing at the same time causing some interference, maybe sometime in the future, who knows, but as of now, you don't need to stick or even have the tag physically present in your vehicle. Does make me wonder why all the instructions on how and where exactly to stick it on your car? Earlier I use to stick it on my sunroof or just cut out everything and just leave the tiny square with the logo on it.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:15 PM, desertdude said:

posts about not to stick but keep in the glove box was amazing.. but this one is on a new level! surprise indeed