•  
Advertise here

Ford Check Engine Light Catalytic Converter Problem

I would like to file a complaint against Ford UAE. i have a 2014 ford explorer xlt dubai. the car is 1 year old and it broke down with the check engine light on. ford uae does not want to cover it on warranty stating that the problem is with the petrol and not with the car. this is not acceptable. i only have 29000km on my odometer with full service history. please help and find a solution for this. otherwise i will be forced to spread this experience with ford to everyone. below picture is the one issued by Ford UAE​ service center in Sharjah.

post-22535-0-70514400-1437574770_thumb.j

That's a super bad and Ford should fix this issue based on goodwill warranty even if they are really sure about the fuel cause. This will make Ford loose serious credibility in this region.

• Like (+1) 1

Must be easy to slide on fuel in self made report (plain A4) without any audit or third party involvement.

Either ways this is scary: If it's real then it can happen to any one of us and if it's fake and Ford manage to pull this along then other dealers will also start a blame game on fuel, sun, oxygen, roads, traffic etc.....!

If it's really a fuel then other few hundred thousand cars should also be affected, why only one car....?

And reading increase from 2-3 mg to 86.6 mg is HUGE variance to impact thousands of cars and hundreds of other car brands.

Octan oops Octane spelling is wrong in last bullet point. Is this report really made by Ford Motors UAE.

I would say first write to Ford USA and then report this to consumer rights here in Dubai to find out more clarity who is wrong and who will be paying for your damages.....?

Hi all. Yes it is really from the ford service advisor. I got a nice "you can complain to anyone you want, even the govt. And we will not cover this on warranty". They gave me an estimate of approx 4.5kaed. Did some research last night on some forums and saw approx 50 honda's and 2000 toyota's affected. Mostly newer vehicles. Sucks to be without a car.

That's super strange though only Ford, Honda and Toyota's have been affected. What about other German brand's which supposed to be bigger delicate darling over emission and fuel rating specifications.

Which fuel station you were using? And which type of Petrol you had?

As recommended by the dealer and there user manual. I use special from adnoc. If this was the case then they should have informed all there customers about it for us to make the switch to super. I had 2 services earlier this year and they never mentioned anything.

Unfortunately we do not have options as northern emirates are all under adnoc. And rates are expected to rise on the 1st of august with this deregulation thing. I hope they would allow shell, petron etc.

Btw ford called me earlier and said "on special case they would cover my case on warranty, and not for others cause my mileage is low.". :) thanks all for the advice!