•  
Advertise here

UAE petrol prices to rise from August

mark

Hey fellas, just saw a tweet going around saying that UAE petrol prices to rise from august......!

In low crude oil price economy where it's decreasing prices everywhere, we got to pay more....hope it's not too big of rise in a way to push people into Metro and leave cars ;-)

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/government/uae-petrol-prices-to-rise-from-august

I tried to be courageous once to use metro and google map showed me 1h 50 minute journey that takes me 15 minutes by car. 

Thank you very much Mr. Metro. I don't mind paying double the fuel price and will not use unless it's more reachable and sensible.

I guess let's wait until 28 July before we really get so sentimental and sad, may it's just a few fils and we are fine.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: They plan to tie to intl rates that means if Oil hits 100+ again, then we will be paying double of Aug 2015 rate...... That will be scary.

There's a silver lining though. Increase in gas prices might lead to fuel-efficient cars, hybrids and, most recently, all electric cars that can travel up to 160 kms between charges.Does anyone have any idea on availability of electric cars and hybrids in Dubai? 

Very positive and practical thinking Je'h.....! 

I think some brands have electric car already in Dubai, and I was reading few weeks back in news that govt planning to open 20-30 electric charging stations in Dubai. Once that happen, sale of electric or hybrid vehicle will be much accelerated.

This was going on since long time and just boiling under the plate due to losses made by one govt and not supported by another govt. This has to be done sooner than later to peg it to intl. market and remove the subsidy completely to have more sustainable long term economic growth. Initially we will feel the difference and then we all will forget spending 100 dhs extra a month.

Dewa bill (in general) has shot up by 50% with what not charges in last 5 years, so now fuel will take it's shot.