•  
Advertise here

Refuelling at night is better than in day....?

kabirae

Just heard in FM an hour back that refuelling in night is better than in day. Is it really true...? but why....? Liter is liter than in day or night, and if this theory is correct then how much difference it make I mean it's worth stepping out specially to get a fillup in night...? Sorry for too many questions in one go, but I can't help it.

I heard this logic as well before, and it's quite true as in heat fuel expands and cold it contracts and though fuel comes in volume and not in weight so little little expansion have direct impact on fuel delivery. Though it's true but I don't think impact is huge and so big that can shake the petrol bill noticeably.

Ok guys, that expansion doesn't effect anything beyond 2% (moderate) -5% (extreme). So technically speaking you might be spending 2-5 dirham extra per 100 dirham tank. baah.

HOWEVER, do you know that all petrol station have their storage tanks atleast 6-10 feet below the ground, that keeps them lot cooler even in the hottest day and I have personally touch the petrol while filling up the quad and it was so hot to burn my finger, it was reasonably slightly more than a room temperature in 30's. Go check by yourself and touch few drops before believing anyone around with theoretical knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1