•  
Advertise here

New girl in Dubai need Car advice

Nathasha

I have recently moved to Dubai since last few months, and got hold of my driving license after all the $%^^$% challenges. Now I am in a fix to choose a normal car over a SUV which is very famous in Dubai and need some help from you all car expert as why I should choose SUV over a car or vice versa?I have never driven SUV and I am young driver and def prefer car, but curious to know why so many SUV runs in Dubai and what is the advantage to choose one. Thank you for reading this an dhelping.

• Like (+1) 1

I say stick to what you like and with what you are comfortable than going for something other likes. I think it's very personal choice than any sane rational behind to get SUV or a car. Rest is your choice.

Hi Nathasha, how are you doing and welcome to car world in Dubai. Good to see some girl taking that interest in discussing Cars. Tell us more about yourself to advice accordingly.

I had both SUV and Cars and I love and hate both depending on different need and timing.

I am single and no plan for family yet, so size of 2 to 7 seater doesn't matter. Live and work about 15 mins drive time away (both in Dubai). Traffic sometime yes, but most of the time no as I drive against the drive in morning and evening. 

Going out on weekend is very variable as still have no good friends and don't know any great driving destinations, so only mall hopping is all I know over the weekend. Im not much of extereme adventure kind of person who require tough SUV for bashing everyday. Hope it tells enough to get some inputs. Thanks for taking that pain.

Good points covered and I would say stick to Car than SUV is better as per your needs and plus secondly the most important part is recently fuel has increased too expensive, so affordability will be better in Car than gas guzzling SUV.

In cars you can decide on three major category: - Sports, Salon/Sedan or Luxury depending your like and budget.

• Like (+1) 1

Well I think personally SUV is better in Dubai due to high speed roads and SUV for a female driver is better in case of accident or damage will keep you safe at least. Second point, most of UAE outdoor part is offroad and you might regret your decision after few months when you make good friends and want to step away from mall hopping. This mall hopping is short live face and soon you will get over with it and want to explore some mountain or sand drives, bbq get together in colder months etc.

• Like (+1) 1

Few more things to consider which will let you make an educated decision. Listing advantages of each which will be considered disadvantage for other segment:

CAR

1. Easy to park.
  2. Easy to drive in small or narrow roads, basement parking curves, malls curves.
  3. Small room get cool faster when in peak summer.

SUV

1. Much safe & stable to drive especially on high speed lanes.
  2. Better road view and all around view.
  3. Better road respect from hooligans and bullying drivers (Im serious).

For a new driver car is much better than SUV, to get used of roads, lanes, parking and all other dramas here and once you graduate go for SUV, if you are still inclined with one. My two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

Whatever you do, do not go near Mazda or Volkwagen for their after sales and customer service is a nightmare specially Volkwagen. I have had the worst experience with them. They only know how to refuse your problems and void your warranty and violate your rights. 

• Like (+1) 1