•  
Advertise here

Is mobile speed camera are allowed...?

Danny

As we have seen many mobile radar camera in back of cars or placed behind a tree a lot in here, my question is whether these acts are actually allowed or no....?

I hope some of your agree as per privacy issue there is a reasonable prerequisite that asks for a visible disclosure of camera presence in advance by few 100 meters. Like in building and lifts it says this area is "under CCTV surveillance" or on international highways it says this "road is monitored by radar". As I am not the only one in my car and I might have family or friends travelling with me and clicking pictures without an advance warning ahead is not a quite right thing to do in my opinion.

Off lately few months back, I read somewhere that Dubai police were discouraging the use of mobile speed camera and now since few days I am seeing one placed regularly and nicely hidden behind the road barrier. Is anyone have some clarity on this whether it's allowed or not?

Respecting public privacy is a good point and that's a fair valid point to get rid of unexpected camera bumps on the road. lol.

Answer: Sir, our camera only record number plate and not the car and def not the car passengers.......!

• Like (+1) 1

Mobile camera main use is to hide and shoot the smarty pants who slow down just before the fixed radar and over speed after that. I guess that's the same objective behind full row of fixed camera on SZR placed after every 2-4 kms.

I don't think you actually need a disclaimer for mobile camera, as I have driven in so many countries and it's always hiding and shooting to teach a lesson to careless drivers. What you may be confused with is the fixed camera need a prior disclaimer.

Danny actually has a point that if disclaimer is needed for fixed cam then same should be applied for mobile camera. Another idea to fix clever drivers is to place plenty of bogus disclaimer randomly around city and only 10% should have a camera behind it on some days.

Thinking and reading more cops must be choosing a straight road that already have disclaimer in place for fixed camera and few kms ahead of fixed cam they place the mobile one as they know that as soon as smart-ass driver cross the fixed camera he will speed up so catch that driver at right time.