•  
Advertise here

Baby Touareg (Tiguan) growing well now

Came across this weird dwarf Touareg few days back near my office and I was scratching my head for need of one looking identically photocpied Touareg, but smaller, googled bit of specs and size data and realized that it's a Porsche Macan (dwarf Cayenne) league. Below are the latest pics of Tiguan that I bumped on fb today, in case someone is interested here.....! 

As VW claims: It's growing in interior space and fuel gains by 25% to promote Tiguan better.

tiguAN.jpg

tiguangteconcept-012.jpg

tiguangteconcept-04.jpg

tiguangteconcept-06.jpg

tiguangteconcept-015.jpg

tiguanoffroad-01_0.jpg

It's a very important niche of these smaller SUV that is plaguing the market since Murano got super hit, then qashqai. It's a timely move of VW to tap that market who want to enjoy the SUV but at the price tag and maintenance cost of sedan, and not too big to handle and park.

Most importantly I feel VW have done a very good job in terms of designing interior and exterior in this model, very engaging and very exciting to see those options as steering control, touch / big screen etc, leather seats and detailing in this league as well.

Second point is small suv comes with smaller engine like 1.5 - 2.5 range and some performance suv comes with turbo, so this segment very well cater second main driver in any family like wife, sisters, younger brother etc. Infact this car designed very well as compared to Touareg and it looks better than Touareg to me, followed 1/3 golden principal of design and proportion very neatly.

I personally don't like these miniature looking SUV based on big-brother looks. If company wants to get into smaller SUV, design something from scracth and don't dilute the market reputation of their flagship bigger SUV's like Cayenne, Touareg, CX-9, Q7 etc. This actually creates a lot of confusion and ruin the bigger sibbling market value and reputation overtime.