18 members have voted

1. 1. How long you keep your car?

• 1-2 years
    • 2-3 years
    • 3-4 years
    • 4-5 years
    • 5-10 years
    • More than 10 years

I have seen many different people here in dubai and uae changing car every year and some sticking to their car for long time. Where as Im an average person who keep the car for 3-5 years. I am curious to know how long you guys keep your car. Please vote and see the realistic results among car enthusiast's in UAE.

• Like (+1) 2

I usually keep car for 2-3 years - 90% of the time, and 3-4 years - 10% of the time if car is too good and Im facing difficulty in buying my next car.

• Like (+1) 1

I think I am the only one to vote for 1-2 years here, lol.

I change car every year, if car is too good then max 2 years.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Well, I keep my car as long as it's under warranty. As I drive a German car, I'm just too scared to keep it beyond that. I actually buy extended warranties, but still only manage to keep the car for 3-4 years.

Edited by Babaei
  • Like (+1) 1

This is indeed a question that I keep asking myself when I see a new ride that I want to get, but keep putting it off due to the following reasons and hence I have had both my cars for almost 6 years now. I am curious to know people's view on this.

One is a Pajero and the other is an S class. The S class had extended warranty until last year..

Both have run approx 85,000 kms in 6 years. I dont drive long distances for my daily commute so the Merc is my car of choice. I only use the Pajero if i have to carry around a lot of stuff and people!

If i were to try and sell either car, I would get miserable resale values and that kills me after having spent so much money to buy it and so I figure I can keep both of them as long as it doesnt come up with major repairs and so far, neither of the cars have had expensive repairs.

So what does everyone think?

Keep the cars for as long as possible? I mean arent S class's meant to keep on going?

• 1 month later...

I think many here do the smart move of keeping the car under warranty and upgrade to new ones once warranty finishes. I can see the overall poll has settle for 3-4 years now.

• 3 weeks later...