•  
Advertise here

Volkswagen defeat device for emission

I was reading this sad article about VW massive recalls for 500k diesel engine cars to cheat the emission test by VW planted defeat device in each car: http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/diesel-recall-likely-only-start-vws-problems-n430896

Is anyone knows any hidden bad motive behind the petrol cars in UAE, any emission or any safety mistrust signaled here in Dubai, UAE as I am driving a Volkswagen since 3 years without a trouble, but after reading this news now I am scared to get behind the wheel and plus put my family in the same car. I really appreciate if someone knows any 100% legit green signal for all petrol engine cars, please share it so that I can drive comfortably.

This was a big news in US two weeks back and now VW future surely seems doomed with billions in fines and class actions.

To be honest I havent heard anything wrong here in UAE about the VW petrol cars, as my three colleagues drives VW and we were discussing this matter for days last month.

It was there in big news today VW name in international market with a big shame on hiding stuff affecting the public health.

Something very similar done by GM few years back that got caught by an insider whistle blower once he left the job, and GM attracted huge fines. History repeating.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The device in every VW car since 1996 or 1997 1.6 litter and up which is simply an air blower sucking air from intake filter and blow it to exhaust system and working on demand according to CO sensor on the catalytic and most of mechanics thinks it's for worming up the engine since the reading comes higher after starting cold engine and the ECU detects the CO and run the blower.

don't worry about your car just keep servicing on time and keep fuel level above quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

Saleem: So does that mean that VW planted an additional air suction source to add outside air in exhaust to dilute the emission reading......? Correct me if I am wrong.

I am too curious to understand this but no source ever published about the actual stuff under the hood.

Has anyone seen in today's Gulf news main newspaper page A3 down left, quarter page big apology from Volkswagen of breaking their customers trust and promising to earn that trust once again. Damn.......!

Hi Danny

Yes that what they have been doing for more than 10 years

check this link it would show the pump and connections and diagram

https://www.google.ae/search?q=vw+auxiliary+air+pump&biw=1366&bih=659&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIjI3iqqTUyAIVBjo-Ch0MmQuv

and it can be bypassed since system have valves!

but still better fuel economy than Japanese and American cars!  

• Like (+1) 1