•  
Advertise here

No More Stopping For Fuel! - The Future is here..

GIJOE

TsTXEE7.jpg

x3m4N5k.jpg

This seems like a big fun for the long haul tourer to enjoy free clean energy on the go: http://www.mobilesolarpower.net/products/ms-series/

Now only thing left pending for Tesla or other battery car manufacturer to clad the solar panel on the car body and have completely free charging on the go without this big trailer. I'm sure in next few years we will see that as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Against all odds, Tesla is breaking lot of new grounds as unexpectedly by many. This seems good success and complimenting achievement of Tesla by mobilsolar power guys. Kudos for the 100% clean energy.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

With all the sun Dubai gets Solar powered cars are an obvious solution to wean ourselves off polluting oil. Tesla has some nice cars but you always have to plug them in to charge which also causes pollution indirectly. 

I always wondered if it was possible to power a car using solar energy, I always thought they didn’t produce enough power but the I went to Australia and saw a race called the Solar Challenge which is a race for solar powered cars. 

One of the cars in the race, Stella 1 is totally road legal in Australia and the US and has passed all the usual safety checks. It is also the first solar powered car to seat 4 people just like a family car. Its top speed is 80 miles an hour and it has great efficiency which means it can go 550 miles a day without charge - however it is pretty ugly looking! 

It’s pretty amazing how quickly this technology is developing. The only downside is the cost because these types of cars are not in mass production - they can cost over US$500,000 to buy so they won’t be common anytime soon, but as soon as one of the big companies picks up on the technology they should be able to bring costs down.

One question I have is that If the future is now solar/electric I wonder how the economies of the middle east will adapt to this change, or do you think perhaps the new technology won’t make a breakthrough to the mass market and we’ll be stuck with petrol for the next 50 years? 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone yet realized that achieving faster 0-100 is relatively easier with electric motors than petrol engines......! I recently learned this from a friend who is RC enthusiast's and he was sharing and explaining the logic that in electric motor delivery of power is instant like a light bulb, and only lag is the drive-train response to keep the all 4 wheels on the ground. 

So possibly we can also see the future of race cars can be fully electric....