•  
Advertise here

Dubai's most dangerous road

nutbolt

Just came across some bizarre stats of Dubai's most dangerous road in terms of traffic violations from Emirates 247.

To my surprise SZR (1.6 M) exceeds the sum total of other 3 main arterial roads of Dubai (1.2 M).:eek: :shock: :x

And even more surprising is that, that majority of the people are frequent offender and each person car has 24 violation in two years time, means 12 violation a year = 1 violation every month. How much money people have here to waste on fines than learning how to drive or behave........!

428,680 + 422,400 + 364,700 = 1215780

1. Sheikh Zayed Road = 1.64 million violations

1. Al Khail Road = 428,680 violations
  2. Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Road = 422,400 violations
  3. Emirates Road = 364,700 violations.
  • Like (+1) 2

That's an insane stats bro, and imagine if shaikh zayed road in dubai does not have radar camera every 2 kms so people will go more crazy.

I am not sure if anyone remember this hear, but few years back there was a rumour that dubai police will have some rfid chip in new number plates that automatically issue a fine everytime you exceed speed more than 20km grace limit. I know it's too suffocating idea but that way at least they can curb these many violations and make safer roads. Wht you think guys....?

No man, that RFID rumor was of Abu Dhabi red color number plate, at least 5 years back. Dubai is quiet reasonable, thanks god. This actually means that emirates road has now become the most safest road, damn lololololol. Because few years back there use to be so much noise for emirates road associated with bloody red accident when it was the only road that has 140 kmp speed limit in Dubai, now it has become the safest one relatively.....!

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Apparently SZR is worst in traffic, high speed and violation over the last number of years. All major development are focused on SZR and it leaves 1000's of people from middle class to rich class commuter using it everyday with most expensive and most capable cars. No wonder to me.

This seems untrusted stats as I witness Emirates road on daily basis and it seems the hell of a driver comes to emirates road for learning high speed driving like in a driving school. Reported incident is less as camera's installed is too far than on shaikh zayed road, but Emirates road is more dangerous road in Dubai, trust me.

Frequent offender having 1 ticket a month means they are use to of that few hundred dirham ticket every month and they must have budgeted that as a car expense. May be increasing the speeding ticket to 10 times will curb the offences instantly, I remember that when Dubai police increased speeding fine from 200 to 600 that was a big noise and people behaved good for sometime.....!

• Like (+1) 1