•  
Advertise here

Must Do Auto Checkups For All Cars

GIJOE

Nice info graphic but with our extreme climate there are some things we should check more often here in the UAE. For me I would focus on the things most likely to go wrong. My checkup is usually as follows:

Air-filter

In Dubai sand is a problem and an air filter acts like a lung for your car. If it is too dirty all clogged up with sand and your engine won't run properly leading to bad fuel economy and reduced performance. I clean my once a month. 

Headlights 

I do a lot of nighttime driving so it is important for me that my headlights are working correctly. I check them often and only use bulbs that give a brighter and whiter light. Checking them often could really save your life.

Wipers 

Again it can be easily damaged in a sandy environment. I always make sure I check for wear and tear on a regular basis. The good news is that they can often be replaced for free at your local dealership. 

Fan belt

In our hot climate the fan is often working on overdrive. It can easily become frayed or torn. I always check mine closely and listen out for any strange noises which may be a warning sign of a problem to come. 

Battery 

Large changes in temperature which happen overnight in Dubai can affect your battery performance. I often run checks on mine to see if it is still holding a decent charge.  

• Like (+1) 1