•  
Advertise here

Exhaust sign on display

Araghu

I bought new q5 just done 3000 km in month time . Suddenly it shows orange engine sign on display .

Ali & son come up with bizarre conclusion that cat entered in engine compartment and it might have pulled sensors and since warranty does not cover the same so 2000 Dhs charged from me 

if any of you check Audi Q5 USA  / Uk forum this sensor problem is quite common in Audi Q5 .

so my advise to all prospective buyers Audi is part of Volkswagen group and they along with their dealers never afraid to cheat you .

• Like (+1) 1

Do you get check engine light or exhaust light in dash...?

Ask those guys to give you same cat/dog/ explanation in writing and see their color changes. Then ask them to show you the warranty disclaimer that carries the exclusion for cat activities.....!

• Like (+1) 2

cat entered in engine compartment and it might have pulled sensors and since warranty does not cover the same so 2000 Dhs charged from me 

**********Hall of fame post*********

Btw, which sensor is spoiled?

That's quiet strange, have you asked them to give you same in writing as mattd suggested...? 

If I am in your place, I will def discuss with them on emails the other forum extract as a known issue and not a cat problem and see what they say/do. If all fail, I will speak to Audi Middle East and see how they can help. After all it's a brand new car and dealer should cover every possible malfunctioning in the warranty unless it's an accidental damage. Even if 1 % we agree that cat entered the system, then also it's Audi's problem to design the engine bay in such manner and leave those sensor uncovered. Similar situation happen with (I think) with Ford USA where spiders were making cobweb in the car exhaust and check engine light was coming, they fixed the problem at their own cost.