•  
Advertise here

Where is the best place to sell your car in UAE?

victore

This place has grown quite as much overtime in car businesses that its difficult to find out the real good and fair place to sell your car in Dubai. Few of my friends shared their horror stories of getting 50% cash value from sellyourcar.com, cashyourcaruae.com, simplybuyanycar.com guys in al quoz. Then their is another horror stories for aweer car market dealer who offer 50-60% of car value, something similar with abu-shagara car market in sharjah.

So where does one can really go and sell his car for good and reasonable price. I understand that selling to trader means less money but definitely not 50% of the present going market value. Any expert opinion and advice's are highly welcome. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

Private dealing is the best way than selling to stealers as I have waited for 3-4 days last year and got the good price with private dealings. I understand that it might take time or you pay little to advertise but it's worth all the way. You can also post free adverts in fb groups and few other classified sites which are famous and dont charge money to increase your chances.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with annie, but still if someone is in rush and have no time for viewing then I feel Al futtaim automall, dynatrade and 4x4 motors are kind of fair evaluater and offer almost 80% of the current market value. I have sold my 2 cars that way in past when I was in real rush to get a parking spot for my new car.

• Like (+1) 1

Dubizzle, Newspapers, Gulf News, Al Khaleej are great sources to sell your car at..

I had a very bad experience with selling my Jeep 2013 model that i've used 5 months from Al Futtaim, bought it for 114,000 & had to sell the car, they payed me 55,000 for it!

Sold it for 90,000 !

• Like (+1) 1

Of course private deal rocks only genuinely private deals. Sadly duz has become dealer's backyard: who call you 20 times a day for asking "last cash price" and offer 50% of the advertised price.

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

The best way to sell a car is here is to advertise it and sell it to a Private Buyer.

When I had to sell my Ford Focus, I went to Al Futtaim Automall and after evaluation they offered me just AED 11K.

I sold it to a Private buyer for AED 23K, So all dealers just want to rip you off and then make a profit by selling it for an inflated  Price.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi guys,

I would like to share the flip side of the story. I am a n Engineer by profession but I  buy and sell cars as a hobby. I mostly look for luxury sedans and sports cars so once in two months I buy my 'weekend' car. The reality is that your best bet is to sell to end users and you will hardly find a dealer paying decent money. Their margin is some where like 10% for a  car below 50k and 15-20k for a car touching the 100k mark and above. But the important thing that I wanted to get across is that some time our expectation is too high and when we get a quote from a dealer we feel they are paying half the value, which may be true in some cases as some people highlighted. For example, recently a friend's buddy was selling his BMW 530, 2013 with 45,000km for 141k and Iif I were to buy this car in order to resell it then I would pay him just 100k because i have to resell thr car back in the market and grt my money rolling. This also means my price should be attractive or else i woll be stuxk with the car. So thats how things work at our end :P

The second point is that today's car market, like any other business, is doing real bad .. Things are hardly moving so the dealers try to play it safe by offering such ridiculous prices. 

• Like (+1) 1

@mankool, What a great reply man: Honest and absolutely to-the-point.

IMHO: Anyone who buy the car and drive it should bear the depreciation whether it's for a month or a year as that's how the market should take it as: you use it, you pay for it. Sadly and unfortunately there is no legally transparent documented sale price and odometer reading here which leave quite a big ambiguity and plus fair people try to inflate the price on dubizzle as a cushion to get the decent selling price while getting sloshed with bargain hunter.

In last few years, I have seen private dealer as much as five times than prior to 2010 in UAE. All thanks to online age and easy part-time second source of money generation. Maybe car market is doing bad because of this only as anyone want to buy a car, see's a rocketed inflated price and anyone want to sell the car they see filthy cheap offers and in end no one buy and sell :-(.

• Like (+1) 1