•  
Advertise here

Where is the best place to sell your car in UAE?

victore

Just for the record and everyone FYI, I sold my car through Carnity classifieds two months ago with right price (not under-value, nor over-value) to private buyer in a week time. As here members and exposure are less so I only received three calls in one week, but all from private guys no dealer call of "how much last cash price".

Not bragging this, but bottom line is to display your car ad to lesser exposed places but in front of real people like here, or local spinneys news bulletin board or in your office Intranet etc. It works all the time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Interesting development on this thread from lot of different angle. One more aspect that looks like missed till now is people expectations has grown up so much that it seems they really dont want to sell the car and just placing an ad for fun. It's all because of ads price is free at will, so if your car worth 50k but you can inflate to 80k and then think you might get lucky by a monkey who dont know the price. This actually happen in 0.00001% scenario and remaining 99.9999% it spoils the car real resale value as after seeing these inflated price, every other new private seller following same inflated pattern. And when you compare the car dealers they off course have insurance rated data based on car actual price with number of year for depreciation. Off course I know dealer is not saint and they cannot be as they need to resell the car, but the margin between the dealer price and actual listed classifieds price has grown because of people's false expectation. They have to learn to be more realistic, that's it. 

This is what I meant........lol.

Capture.thumb.JPG.25a780fb425c51fa9d4161

• Like (+1) 1

Yes amitaj, ^ that is what I am talking about .... and my guess is that a 2006 LC with 150k mileage or so will sell in today's market for some where between 46-50k.

But back to the original question - Which is a good place to post car adverts? I don't like spending AED199 every time I want to sell a car.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/16/2015 at 4:25 AM, amitaj said:

Interesting development on this thread from lot of different angle. One more aspect that looks like missed till now is people expectations has grown up so much that it seems they really dont want to sell the car and just placing an ad for fun. It's all because of ads price is free at will, so if your car worth 50k but you can inflate to 80k and then think you might get lucky by a monkey who dont know the price. This actually happen in 0.00001% scenario and remaining 99.9999% it spoils the car real resale value as after seeing these inflated price, every other new private seller following same inflated pattern. And when you compare the car dealers they off course have insurance rated data based on car actual price with number of year for depreciation. Off course I know dealer is not saint and they cannot be as they need to resell the car, but the margin between the dealer price and actual listed classifieds price has grown because of people's false expectation. They have to learn to be more realistic, that's it. 

This is what I meant........lol.

Capture.JPG

The price is fine with the 99'000 car..

His car is a Manual Gear with almost 40,000 dirhams Turbo fitted into it, that's why his price is high compared with other vehicles at the same model ..

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2015 at 1:06 PM, mankool said:

Yes amitaj, ^ that is what I am talking about .... and my guess is that a 2006 LC with 150k mileage or so will sell in today's market for some where between 46-50k.

But back to the original question - Which is a good place to post car adverts? I don't like spending AED199 every time I want to sell a car.

I hate it too, but if you thought of it logically, what's Dirhams 200 when you're selling car for thousands of dirhams ?

Yet I still hate it..

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 years later...

I belive the value of car never goes up no matter whatever you put in it, therefore it is better not to put too much extra, spend what is essential, evaluate car in stock condition when purchasing ,avoid private car dealers.try to buy from someone you have refererance with

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, syed salman raza said:

I belive the value of car never goes up no matter whatever you put in it, therefore it is better not to put too much extra, spend what is essential, evaluate car in stock condition when purchasing ,avoid private car dealers.try to buy from someone you have refererance with

Read the date of the thread before you decide to post. This thread is 5 years old 

• Haha (+1) 1