•  
Advertise here

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, Special Editions

Got to know from motor authority that Jeep is now preparing to unveil two new special edition SUVs at this week’s Los Angeles Auto Show based on its Grand Cherokee and Wrangler models.
I caught their picture just to identify weather these can be available under GCC review or not?? Help guys!!
I am planning to be a part of off-road community soon. For that I will need one off-road vehicle and no doubt the special edition of 2016 Jeep Wrangler Backcountry is the best to buy. 
Always welcome any other suggestion that this car?

jeep-gc-srt-night-4-1.jpg

jeep-gc-srt-night-2-1.jpg

jeep-gc-srt-night-5-1.jpg

jeep-gc-srt-night-1-1.jpg

jeep-gc-srt-night-6-1.jpg

Edited by zafarali
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes indeed it looks great and quite powerful, but only for road and not for offroad.

SRT stands for Street Racing Technology and you cannot use such low clearance vehicle in offroad. Ideal offroad vehicle should have at least 15-18 inches of ground clearance for reasonable offroad obstructions. More the better up to 24 Inches for rock climbing and for extreme offroad. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with niku on this- there is no way that this, or any other SUV can be used for off-road driving.

Apart from the low ground clearance, it does not have a low-range gear set, and lockable diffs,  which are minimum requirements for any off-road vehicle. You also cannot disable the ABS brakes, which means that you will effectively have almost no brakes on loose surfaces. 

What you need is a vehicle with a flexible step-ladder chassis to allow  the suspensions to keep the wheels on the ground. No SUV can do this, so I would definitely not use this Jeep for off road driving. You also need traction control, and although it might be available on this Jeep, it will be based on the ABS brake system, which means it will only work for about thirty seconds or so.

If you want to go off-roading, you will be much happier with a diesel Toyota Land Cruiser truck, since it already has all the qualities you need to have in a proper off-road vehicle. Jeeps are at best expensive soft-roaders, and I fear you will be making a very expensive mistake if you take this vehicle off-road.