•  
Advertise here

why drifter steering in opposite directions?

edie

This seems like they are balancing the car and not doing opposite direction, if you see from beginning they steering in correct direction where they want to go and in mid they adjust in opp to balance the car properly.

They steer in opposite to keep the balance so the car goes in right direction due to excessive rear wheel spin, and that's why its called drifting and not driving.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Edie

All most all of drifting cars are rear wheel drive so in cornering the centrifugal force due to the high torque force the car to spin in a circle and to avoid that steering to other direction would prevent that.

before 8 years I had a BMW E36 325i American Specs (it comes with GM 4L40 automatic transmission used in Chevrolet Lumina and Cadillac with 4 speed and 2 valve bodies!) and it was very easy to over steer it or under steer it in every corner since it was not equipped with traction control even in low speed as I experienced in U turns!!

while drifting in all wheel drive is a harder job to do and required a higher driving skill and training.

drifting is a dangerous to do and forbidden in public road use while knowing it would save lives to use it in emergency like driving in wet roads and sandy roads to avoid other drivers mistakes or road surprises.

Drive safely !!

• Like (+1) 2