•  
Advertise here

How many Off road clubs are active in the UAE?

hey guys

its my first participation.

let me add one more group to above list 

UAE Adventures Club 

the group is active with weekly programs and for levels they have all levels and trying to cover all Emirates area ( Dubai, AD, Al Ain & WR)

the aim and vision of the group to learn drivers how to drive in desert and teach them Technics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UAC4X4/

https://www.facebook.com/uac4X4/timeline

• Like (+1) 1

For those interested in the national make-up of the clubs mentioned, I think the Alexa graphs have a lot of info.  If you'll notice, some of the clubs have a real decrease in visitors in the second half of December - notably AD4x4 and UAEOffroaders.  I think it is very safe to say that these are two clubs with a fair number of expats - people that went home in the second half of December.

But that info is not really useful.  For example, AD4x4 has a large expat membership, and an official "English language spoken" policy, and all trip briefings, web site content, radio messages, etc. are all supposed to be in English.  And by and large that is true - but there are exceptions.  A lot of the night drives have very heavy UAE national participation, and Arabic is spoken much more commonly - sometimes a lot more than English.  I don't know how some of the other clubs are, but my guess is that the nationality of a gathering is flexible and there will always be variances depending upon the day and the trip.  The smaller clubs are obviously more consistent...for example TheOryx is very much an English language club...unless you happen to take a bunch of (Danish?) friends along on a drive and then find that your campfire discussion has lapsed into Danish.  These things happen.  You just have to be flexible and open to getting some great cross-cultural experiences.

Having said that, it is worthless to join a club that is exclusively Arabic speaking (including any radio messages and their website) unless you speak some Arabic.  But that should be apparent early on...

• Like (+1) 1

I agree futureshock999 on what you said to try going out with different club and explore all nationalities. Reason I asked this point to nutbolt to add because, one of my colleague went on a drive where all members were from one country (dont wanna sounds racist, so no mention) and he was only one from different continent, hence it looks odd one out and in end he wasnt able to enjoy as those whole group was speaking their own local language for more than 95% of time and even on radio while rescuing and someone playing FM music in radio even while driving in same language.

Just to add a few:

8) TheOryx4x4 - a splinter club from AbuDhabi4x4 created when a few marshals left to do something smaller and more personable, and with fewer rules.  Some great drivers and great people, with more of a social life than AD4x4.   (I'm not knocking AD4x4, I think they are a great, great club and perhaps the best club for newbies to get an intro to the sport).  Very good club for those with limited Arabic.

9) Fury4x4 - a bunch of insane, adventure seeking drivers who go all out.   A great club if you have the skills to hang with them and don't mind risking your vehicle on occasion.   The few that I have met are great guys too.  

I should also point out that a great many drivers belong to more than one club.   Gives more choices of drives and trips on a given weekend, and expands your social circle.  

Thanks for adding new names to the list, which is really helpful. Can you please give me their site site url, as I couldn't find them in google.

Thanks @haitham samaan and @Mahadi alamin for sharing your group and activities. I have updated your facebook URL in above list, appreciate if you share the website url as many people might not prefer facebook group activity due to trust issue.

Don't get me wrong but off-road is a serious sport and one will definitely browse around the site and members faces, few drive post's and drive report before joining if he is fresh to the club and not thru existing members referral. Dedicated site usually builds the confidence and credibility.

@harryd I understand your concern but I personally feel it's tough to tag clubs based on nationality and one should always try with a pinch of salt for small drives and then see if they actually fit in or not. I like what futureshock999 explained very well in Danish comment.

For the curious people please find the Alexa ranking based on traffic, unique visitors, etc.

Alexa_offroad_comparison.thumb.jpg.43a49

Kasim, do you know that your camaro is not made for off-road....! Then why you are sharing this Alexa ranking here to flame the topic. Read the title again, no race here. It's just a list of active off-road clubs in the UAE that I like to build to help carnity members. So chill, buddy.

Thanks for adding new names to the list, which is really helpful. Can you please give me their site site url, as I couldn't find them in google.

http://www.furyenterprises.com  here is link ...

By the way fury is a rally drivers team by emil khneisser and michal fadel both used to be a fun drivers which u can say it was istablished in 1996 . I guess it was the first club in uae . It is still a fun drive club for experts to share there experince 

And also UDL

Uae desert leaders are a very active and amazing trips . They are on face book 

Edited by charo
  • Like (+1) 1