•  
Advertise here

How many Off road clubs are active in the UAE?

Good list buddy and nice to put all links in one place handy, I used to offroad long ago with a club called dubai desert club. I am not sure wehter it's still there or not. We use to do different level of drives from small level to expert level and every one can join any drive as per their own level and comfort. we use to be in an round dubai only and sometime went to sweihan side. Mostly used to be asian crowd with very few arabic boys.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Guys,

My response may a bit off-topic, but you should try the off-road conditions in Africa whenever you get the chance. I have been around the African continent twice for a total of about 80 000 km, and like some other things in life, everybody should traverse Africa at least once in their lifetimes.

Check out this link if you want to know more about conditions in Africa:

http://4x4africa.co.za/overland/africa-overland-expedition-vehicle/ 

Edited by wildcat

I have briefly driven with dubai4x4 long ago, though their website is closed now but I believe the group is still working in private drives and facebook friends. They were very nice and experienced guys, and I was shock to see why their website closed down.

Just to add a few:

8) TheOryx4x4 - a splinter club from AbuDhabi4x4 created when a few marshals left to do something smaller and more personable, and with fewer rules.  Some great drivers and great people, with more of a social life than AD4x4.   (I'm not knocking AD4x4, I think they are a great, great club and perhaps the best club for newbies to get an intro to the sport).  Very good club for those with limited Arabic.

9) Fury4x4 - a bunch of insane, adventure seeking drivers who go all out.   A great club if you have the skills to hang with them and don't mind risking your vehicle on occasion.   The few that I have met are great guys too.  

I should also point out that a great many drivers belong to more than one club.   Gives more choices of drives and trips on a given weekend, and expands your social circle.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just to add a few:

8) TheOryx4x4 - a splinter club from AbuDhabi4x4 created when a few marshals left to do something smaller and more personable, and with fewer rules.  Some great drivers and great people, with more of a social life than AD4x4.   (I'm not knocking AD4x4, I think they are a great, great club and perhaps the best club for newbies to get an intro to the sport).  Very good club for those with limited Arabic.

9) Fury4x4 - a bunch of insane, adventure seeking drivers who go all out.   A great club if you have the skills to hang with them and don't mind risking your vehicle on occasion.   The few that I have met are great guys too.  

I should also point out that a great many drivers belong to more than one club.   Gives more choices of drives and trips on a given weekend, and expands your social circle.  

I really like how you write and express your views. I dont know much about Abu Dhabi, but I also heard good words for AD4x4 few times.

• Like (+1) 1

I really like how you write and express your views. I dont know much about Abu Dhabi, but I also heard good words for AD4x4 few times.

just to add, about a third of AD4x4's drivers live in Dubai, and a lot of their drives are near Dubai as well.   Don't let the AD title throw you off if you live in Dubai.  

And while I am commenting on clubs, Almost4x4 is a club I have never driven with but whom I have great respect for.   Their YouTube vids are great, and those that I have talked to are very nice. Recently one of their marshals went out on an emergency call at 1AM to assist 3 cars (strangers and not members of Almost) that had broken in the desert when  the police did not respond to them - alone he got them all out that night.  Respect.   Someday I hope to do a drive with them.    

just to add, about a third of AD4x4's drivers live in Dubai, and a lot of their drives are near Dubai as well.   Don't let the AD title throw you off if you live in Dubai.  

And while I am commenting on clubs, Almost4x4 is a club I have never driven with but whom I have great respect for.   Their YouTube vids are great, and those that I have talked to are very nice. Recently one of their marshals went out on an emergency call at 1AM to assist 3 cars (strangers and not members of Almost) that had broken in the desert when  the police did not respond to them - alone he got them all out that night.  Respect.   Someday I hope to do a drive with them.    

Just like Justin, I also thought they play in AD and good you clarify as they have drives near Dubai as well, which is very important for everyone to be aware of. Nice add on.

Based on above almost4x4 story, I feel like saluting that club and driver for helping stranger people in the middle of night. True respect.