•  
Advertise here

Toyota Corolla burns oil problem

Samad

I am facing a massive uses of excessive oil in my corolla, well It my very first car bought in 2001 end in November, Now the car had a run of 200000 km approx. Honestly, I was pretty much aware about its common issue faced by lot of customer about the excessive oil consumption, but at this point of time my friend its drinking oil like a water!!. It seem that oil if burning pretty quicker than before. I don’t want to be a part of joke now as it really burning oil better than gas. 
I never thought to repair it because I know it’s very old but honestly guy the problem is I cannot afford a new or used car at the current stage, also cannot work without a car because I used to travel daily from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi. 
Please help with the possible repair with no extra cost or time. 
I wish no one else will have such weird situation with car. Is there a possible action that I can take to make it again same like I bought it before with fair oil consumption or I will have to rent a car for sure and sell this one for limited period of time. 

Hope you guy understand my concern. Please help.

Hi Samad,

Unfortunately there is no way to restore your Corolla's consumption to what it was when it was new. The only options you have is to rebuild the engine, or to replace the complete engine.

However, Corallas are known to burn a lot of oil if the crankase ventilation valve is not replaced regularly. When this valve becomes clogged, the oil starts to form sludge, which causes the engine to wear out prematurely.

At 200 000 kms a Corolla should not be using oil, but I think the crankcase ventilation valve has never been replaced in your case. This valve costs less than a meal in a restaurant, so remember to have it replaced regularly when you get another Corolla.

Edited by hanif
word insertion