•  
Advertise here

Toyota FJ Cruiser vs Nissan X Terra

Thanks everyone for nice response to my very confusing doubt, that is almost 90% clear now.

If I fail to fix my current off-road car then will be testing the Xterra next.

Anyone selling Xterra here please PM me the details.

Edited by derik

All you FJ-haters, take it easy guys. Few people irrational drive be it FJC or Nissan Patrol tailgating in Dubai is not new, we all know that. This does not qualify a capable car carry a bad-man badge. I have three friends enjoy their FJ since 2 years and I have never seen anyone misbehaving or abusing it. It's not the car, it's the people that are abusing it (if any).

I am not belittling Xterra, all I meant to say is FJC is good and capable car for off-road and it's good to have healthy competition to bring the best out of both good off-road rides.

• Like (+1) 1

Fj is one of the ugliest cars around no doubt and good for nothing rear doors which is a nuisance in tight parkings when the rear passenger wants to get out. Modification options are immense and has a better weight distribution while xterra has a light rear coupled with leaf springs gets thrown around. Its sad that Nissan has stopped this fine car.

20 hours ago, Navins said:

Fj is one of the ugliest cars around no doubt and good for nothing rear doors which is a nuisance in tight parkings when the rear passenger wants to get out. Modification options are immense and has a better weight distribution while xterra has a light rear coupled with leaf springs gets thrown around. Its sad that Nissan has stopped this fine car.

XTerra has leaf springs, I never knew that....! And is Nissan is stopping Xterra....?

• Like (+1) 1

I own a 2015 Xterra and i purchased the beast after careful review. The sales manager at agency whom i know personally advised that the news regarding discontinuing Xterra is not going to affect middle east market. Xterra's for the UAE market is assembled from their Egypt plant. They have a huge stock of Xterra's for military which is delivered on order basis. He told me there is no official confirmation about stopping Xterra's in middle east region. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good to hear that great icon will be kept alive. Thanks to the military use, and hey Dubai Police also uses lot of Xterra's.

Why these govt boys use X over FJC, cost effective or due to capability....?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting up this thread!

Answering Derik:

I think Toyota now thinks that they're the best Manufacturer in town, not anymore, they're mistaken, there are lots of other Manufacturers which hold way better cars than them.

I'd definitely go with an X for many reasons, starting with the most important reason which is the viewing angle & it has so many blindspot and difficult shoulder view, it's dangerous to drive an FJC, I have zero trust in it!

And second thing which is also as important as the first point, it looks ugly like big big time!

Third I've heard that they'll stop manufacturing the FJC not the X

Here: http://www.autonews.com/article/20131105/OEM01/131109895/toyota-to-drop-fj-cruiser-after-2014-model-year

Not to mention Toyota Always keeps on pulling cars from the market after selling it to the buyer, like for example just yesterday Toyota announced that it will withdraw all 9446 Rav4 cars between the year 2006-2012 from UAE market due to a default in the Rear car seat belt, just imagine how many lives the expensive *Toyota* car have sacrificed for 12 years!!

Like seriously, a default in a Rear car seat belt for 6 years & no one have sued them until now!

Here is the link for the Withdrawal of Rav4 cars: http://www.abudhabinews.net/index.php/sid/241500027

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks teajay, I have taken everyone suggestion very seriously and I have decided to test drive both for few days. I have already driven Xterra for 3 days including daily office run and one quick short offroad drive. This weekend i'll get a FJC to put this thread to an end with my ultimate next buy. I heard and read a lot about blind spot of FJC, and will be very careful with my friends car.

Thanks all for your suggestions and advice with open heart. You all are awesome man.