•  
Advertise here

Toyota FJ Cruiser vs Nissan X Terra

Good luck with your next buy..

If you're going to try Yota's try the Rub3

It's a total diifferent car than others, i can call it the king of desert..

It looks kinda ugly but it's a real monster, it holds the old model of chassis, the tough strong one, it's called Land Cryiser 76 rub3

maxresdefault.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have been where you are, the time i decided to buy 4x4 , and since I am not a big fan of american cars specially, Jeep. My choices according to my budget became limited to FJ and Xterra .. 

So Why I chose FJ over Xterra...

Forget about the coolness and horsepower , which is every superficial point of argument ...

You wanna be a true adventure and be taken series , you will definitely choose FJ...

You need a car that has adventurous spirit as you are...

I donot think a true adventurer would love to go off-road with a car that has saloon car like interiors , and when I say off-road does not mean only the sands ... It means also to wadi and mountains in Oman and UAE.. you need interiors that looks great when it's dirty and does not make you feel like you fucked up your city car too... 

FJ interior are not only very practical when it comes to this point but it's also spacious , which is another thing you will learn with your first long weekend offroad trip, when realise that you just can't keep everything in place in a long trip ...

Those who say that Xterra is more manly.. I can't see your point... because once you step into FJ you feel like you stepped into a tank ,, a feeling you will never have  when you get into Xterra... and when you press on the gas pedal and hear the engine with the face of the car lifts up by the engine power , you gotta excuse Fj guys for being so cocky ...

Both cars are capable off-road , but a true adventurer and off-roader knows it's the driver that makes difference all the time , but when off-roading get a little bit serious Xterra guys usually quit , why ? because you gotta do some modifications and you need car that gets the after market attention... FJ has an after market part for every essential off-road component, you can change side steps and bumpers and replace skid plates with many options available ... obviously the suspension with different grades are available too ... 

if you choose Xterra I won't Judge you, but I think you have decided already when you are going to quit offroading...

Edited by AmrHassanien

45 minutes ago, AmrHassanien said:

I have been where you are, the time i decided to buy 4x4 , and since I am not a big fan of american cars specially, Jeep. My choices according to my budget became limited to FJ and Xterra .. 

So Why I chose FJ over Xterra...

Forget about the coolness and horsepower , which is every superficial point of argument ...

You wanna be a true adventure and be taken series , you will definitely choose FJ...

You need a car that has adventurous spirit as you are...

I donot think a true adventurer would love to go off-road with a car that has saloon car like interiors , and when I say off-road does not mean only the sands ... It means also to wadi and mountains in Oman and UAE.. you need interiors that looks great when it's dirty and does not make you feel like you fucked up your city car too... 

FJ interior are not only very practical when it comes to this point but it's also spacious , which is another thing you will learn with your first long weekend offroad trip, when realise that you just can't keep everything in place in a long trip ...

Those who say that Xterra is more manly.. I can't see your point... because once you step into FJ you feel like you stepped into a tank ,, a feeling you will never have  when you get into Xterra... and when you press on the gas pedal and hear the engine with the face of the car lifts up by the engine power , you gotta excuse Fj guys for being so cocky ...

Both cars are capable off-road , but a true adventurer and off-roader knows it's the driver that makes difference all the time , but when off-roading get a little bit serious Xterra guys usually quit , why ? because you gotta do some modifications and you need car that gets the after market attention... FJ has an after market part for every essential off-road component, you can change side steps and bumpers and replace skid plates with many options available ... obviously the suspension with different grades are available too ... 

if you choose Xterra I won't Judge you, but I think you have decided already when you are going to quit offroading...

I feel your pain Amr

I just feel it..

I know the feeling of buying the worst car on earth & then notice that you've done the biggest mistake on mother earth..

İt really shows in each word you've written that you're going through severe pain..

This is life, hard luck Amr..

5 minutes ago, teajay said:

I feel your pain Amr

I just feel it..

I know the feeling of buying the worst car on earth & then notice that you've done the biggest mistake on mother earth..

İt really shows in each word you've written that you're going through severe pain..

This is life, hard luck Amr..

Pain?! Shut up! 

it's only joy with FJ.

You know who feels the pain? those jeepers and patrol owners who get stuck badly and need someone to pull them out, you will know them by their talks praising the kinetic robe and soft shackles :D:D

In Fj you have recovery options that takes you out of any shit! I meant it , out of any shit!

Once I learned how to use them right " Diff lock" and "A-Trac" , i have a different estimation for my situation.All the jeepers and patrol marshals say that I'm stuck... and later they watch the FJ getting out of it easily, I just like the surprised look on their faces. and they know I do. :Dand they hate it. :D 

I can see you are driving Jeep , good luck with your toy.

18 minutes ago, AmrHassanien said:

Pain?! Shut up! 

it's only joy with FJ.

You know who feels the pain? those jeepers and patrol owners who get stuck badly and need someone to pull them out, you will know them by their talks praising the kinetic robe and soft shackles :D:D

In Fj you have recovery options that takes you out of any shit! I meant it , out of any shit!

Once I learned how to use them right " Diff lock" and "A-Trac" , i have a different estimation for my situation.All the jeepers and patrol marshals say that I'm stuck... and later they watch the FJ getting out of it easily, I just like the surprised look on their faces. and they know I do. :Dand they hate it. :D 

Bro, bro, you need to Chillax, you are definitely so mad about that buy, no worries, as i've allready told ya, life's tough..

Anyways, i dunno what Marshals & what club you're in which has it's Marshals getting stuck the whole time, if you're a Marshal as everybody says they are everywherr, this getting stuck issue shouldn't be even mentioned..

Who needs a Diff Lock & A-Track crappy buttons when you're allready a *Marshal*

Good luck Marshalling with an Fj that get stuck the whole time..

26 minutes ago, AmrHassanien said:

Pain?! Shut up! 

it's only joy with FJ.

Oh! .. You really just started this hobby obviously!

while the FJ is a fine machine, I wouldn't brag too much about anything here.. Especially while driving up the dune with a view of the sky only due to the big bonnet, endless plastic dashboard & jail cell Windows.

ANY SUV can get stuck.. You simply are not playing hard enough!

getting stuck is normal for any level driver.. Doing stupid thing & getting stuck like an idiot almost flipping is a different story :)

FYI..

difflock+ ATRACK is in all major new offroad trucks:

Xterra Offroad: Difflock+ABLS

Pajero 3.8: Difflock+ATSC

JK-sport/Sahara: similar to ATRAC

JK-rubicon: FR+RR difflocks

the interior of the Xterra is water proof.. Just like the FJ.. And it is all hard plastic.. Zero guilt feeling when my black interior turns brown with sand..

for aftermarket mods.. Many shops can fabricate anything for the X that will make it as good as anything else.. And I wouldn't trust half of the ready made aftermarket stuff you find around for your FJ!

learn to respect all cars, each one of them has advantages and disadvantages.. No truck is perfect.. And take care not to be too excited driving your FJ, learn how to drive and keep the ego aside... many of them end up with bent chassis when driven hard... Or end up upside down!

44 minutes ago, teajay said:

Bro, bro, you need to Chillax, you are definitely so mad about that buy, no worries, as i've allready told ya, life's tough..

Anyways, i dunno what Marshals & what club you're in which has it's Marshals getting stuck the whole time, if you're a Marshal as everybody says they are everywherr, this getting stuck issue shouldn't be even mentioned..

Who needs a Diff Lock & A-Track crappy buttons when you're allready a *Marshal*

Good luck Marshalling with an Fj that get stuck the whole time..

:D  Good luck showing your hardcore skills doing the "right and left" thing to get out of stuck, Marshal! OH! I forgot you donot even get stuck.Double standards!!  ... I know it kills to see a FJ getting out( out of the same shit you were into ) like a boss... 

other than that ... I have no comments on your language or on you as a person

14 minutes ago, AmrHassanien said:

:D  Good luck showing your hardcore skills doing the "right and left" thing to get out of stuck, Marshal! OH! I forgot you donot even get stuck.Double standards!!  ... I know it kills to see a FJ getting out( out of the same shit you were into ) like a boss... 

other than that ... I have no comments on your language or on you as a person

You're the newest member here, I guess you should at least show us some good deeds instead of acting in such a way..

Dunno what language you're talking about, but I guess we're all using proper english here correct ?

And for hardcore skills, never showed any hardcore skills, since you're a Marshal with an FJ & Proud of it, I guess you're the one showing muscles with the *Strongest car mother earth had*

Chillaaaaax bro, chillaaax, you're going hard on everybody here..

1 hour ago, ayman_khateeb said:

Oh! .. You really just started this hobby obviously!

while the FJ is a fine machine, I wouldn't brag too much about anything here.. Especially while driving up the dune with a view of the sky only due to the big bonnet, endless plastic dashboard & jail cell Windows.

ANY SUV can get stuck.. You simply are not playing hard enough!

getting stuck is normal for any level driver.. Doing stupid thing & getting stuck like an idiot almost flipping is a different story :)

FYI..

difflock+ ATRACK is in all major new offroad trucks:

Xterra Offroad: Difflock+ABLS

Pajero 3.8: Difflock+ATSC

JK-sport/Sahara: similar to ATRAC

JK-rubicon: FR+RR difflocks

the interior of the Xterra is water proof.. Just like the FJ.. And it is all hard plastic.. Zero guilt feeling when my black interior turns brown with sand..

for aftermarket mods.. Many shops can fabricate anything for the X that will make it as good as anything else.. And I wouldn't trust half of the ready made aftermarket stuff you find around for your FJ!

learn to respect all cars, each one of them has advantages and disadvantages.. No truck is perfect.. And take care not to be too excited driving your FJ, learn how to drive and keep the ego aside... many of them end up with bent chassis when driven hard... Or end up upside down!

I have seen those who gave Xterra to their wives and bought FJ ...!!  The guy who bought Xterra and sold it after two years quiting his hobby! Same as I have seen modified Jeeps waiting for someone to pull them out! I know what you will say , it's the driver, ok , got it. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with Xterra, I was delighted to hear you are enjoying.. really! before that I heard only ladies praising Xterra. 

I donot know why you are quoting my words that weren't to you originally in which I donot mention your lovely Xterra... 

My original answer was to give an advice beyond the spec sheet comparison, which actually I cut it short, and to rectify the bias against FJ and FJ drivers... so before you take the thread off the topic , you would rather listen to other point of views with open heart. Save your ego advise to those who play hard enough and do stupid things, Which I doubt you stand a chance to try or you would have bought a patrol safari ... let me be a little judgemental here, you deserve it.

I have no interest to take this conversation any longer, so please feel the pain quietly.

Edited by AmrHassanien

26 minutes ago, AmrHassanien said:

I have seen those who gave Xterra to their wives and bought FJ ...!!  The guy who bought Xterra and sold it after two years quiting his hobby! Same as I have seen modified Jeeps waiting for someone to pull them out! I know what you will say , it's the driver, ok , got it. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with Xterra, I was delighted to hear you are enjoying.. really! before that I heard only ladies praising Xterra. 

I donot know why you are quoting my words that weren't to you originally in which I donot mention your lovely Xterra... 

My original answer was to give an advice beyond the spec sheet comparison, which actually I cut it short, and to rectify the bias against FJ and FJ drivers... so before you take the thread off the topic , you would rather listen to other point of views with open heart. Save your ego advise to those who play hard enough and do stupid things, Which I doubt you stand a chance to try or you would have bought a patrol safari ... let me a little judgemental here, you deserve it.

I have no interest to take this conversation any longer, so please feel the pain quietly.

I really don't know why you insist on insulting everyone here..

maybe you are trying to compensate for something with your big hollow talk.. You know.. I mean lack of skills..

anyways, I never saw any real desert expert who talks like this, they know better to respect others & other trucks.. Lack of such respect means simply that you are a noob who is just talking a big game..

And what is this crap about what women drive? Since when women driving anything is a shame?

I saw girls driving everything.. Xterras, Jeeps, FJs, Patrols, Pajeros, Vitaras, and LandCruiser 70 series in the sand.. And I know a lot of them who will definitely beat you on every skill and put you to a big shame any day..!

people who know me in the desert know exactly how I drive, which crazy level I fit.. Your ignorance is hilarious when you are trying hard to throw baseless insults..

look Amr, enjoy your FJ, it is a great truck in my opinion, respect the desert & others.. And try not to roll over! .. Guys talking your talk usually end up on the roof while trying to show off..

Edited by ayman_khateeb