•  
Advertise here

Place in Dubai/UAE to do burnouts, test the car's drag, etc?

AlexDXB

Hi everyone! I'm relatively new here and recently I bought a Mustang. It's the first time I have a muscle car and I want to 'play' with the car a bit. However, I can't think of any place in Dubai (or anywhere in the UAE) where I won't bother anyone (people and cops alike). Obviously, it should be paved, not go in the middle of the desert. Any ideas? Thanks!

Have you considered doing a track day at Dubai Autodrome? There will be information on their website.

Failing that, and not that I condone it, I have seen a bit of action taking place on the road from Sharjah to Oman but you have to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle and if you have enough wasta to deal with it if you're caught.

3 hours ago, Technician said:

Have you considered doing a track day at Dubai Autodrome? There will be information on their website.

Failing that, and not that I condone it, I have seen a bit of action taking place on the road from Sharjah to Oman but you have to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle and if you have enough wasta to deal with it if you're caught.

The autodrome and Yas Track seem to be places where you go and race. There are other cars with you on the track and I'm assuming you won't be able to stop and attempt to do burnouts or something like that.

I was thinking of going to a parking lot, maybe a remote location, not really busy..

I know what you mean Alex. Try good empty parking lot in Mankhool, Al Warqa and Dubai Seven and many more, but at your own risk and see when they are almost empty. You can try many empty car park in remote location and see if you can get lucky.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, harryd said:

I know what you mean Alex. Try good empty parking lot in Mankhool, Al Warqa and Dubai Seven and many more, but at your own risk and see when they are almost empty. You can try many empty car park in remote location and see if you can get lucky.

Nice! Thank you so much. I don't know these places, but the last option looks ideal. It is quite remote and if I'm lucky it will be empty. I think I'll try it out next weekend or so. Thanks again!