•  
Advertise here

Can anyone comment on Adnoc Oil change and oil filter from Adnoc Lube service stations for altima 2015. Is it good to do the oil changing from Adnoc? This is the only fastest way to get the vehicle serviced at good adnoc oil change price. Any advice?

An oil change is an oil change, it isn't rocket science and somewhere like this would be a quick and easy place to have it done. It's very important that you make sure they use a quality flush, use the correct grade of oil, change the filter and stamp your service book when they do it. Especially with such a young car, flushing is very important as it will decrease the changes of sludging further down the line.

I don't suppose you have considered doing it yourself? It's one of the most simplest and cheapest jobs you can do on a car yourself.

Flushing an engine is not a bad thing in itself, but it should not be required on a 2015 model. If any sludge is found at this point, the better option would be to find and correct the cause, instead of relying on flushing agents to prevent continued sludge formation.

The biggest problem with flushing agents is the fact that you can't get all of it out of an engine after an engine flush and oil change. The remaining flush may help to help keep the engine clean, but it also dilutes the fresh oil. I would only ever use a flushing agent if there is actual sludge present, and then change the oil twice to make sure all the gunk gets removed.

A great way to prevent sludge is to use a fully synthetic oil, since it does not oxidize as easilly as regular mineral oil. It may be more expensive, but it lasts nearly twice as long, and you get almost double the lubricity of mineral oil.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2016 at 5:04 PM, Technician said:

An oil change is an oil change, it isn't rocket science and somewhere like this would be a quick and easy place to have it done. It's very important that you make sure they use a quality flush, use the correct grade of oil, change the filter and stamp your service book when they do it. Especially with such a young car, flushing is very important as it will decrease the changes of sludging further down the line.

I don't suppose you have considered doing it yourself? It's one of the most simplest and cheapest jobs you can do on a car yourself.

Hi Technician..thanks for your reply..No..i havent considered doing it myself..i have done the servicing from an Adnoc service station yesterday.As the oil was really black,i had to do the flushing.They were doing flushing with an OBS machine.Also the technician over there recommended fuel injector cleaner and did that as well..the oil was semi synthetic oil..so all in all even though it costed alot,engine is completely flushed ,oil is changed and the fuel injector cleaner was poured into the petrol tank.i hope this will help for a smooth run and a breakdown at a later stage.

1 hour ago, treks said:

Flushing an engine is not a bad thing in itself, but it should not be required on a 2015 model. If any sludge is found at this point, the better option would be to find and correct the cause, instead of relying on flushing agents to prevent continued sludge formation.

The biggest problem with flushing agents is the fact that you can't get all of it out of an engine after an engine flush and oil change. The remaining flush may help to help keep the engine clean, but it also dilutes the fresh oil. I would only ever use a flushing agent if there is actual sludge present, and then change the oil twice to make sure all the gunk gets removed.

A great way to prevent sludge is to use a fully synthetic oil, since it does not oxidize as easilly as regular mineral oil. It may be more expensive, but it lasts nearly twice as long, and you get almost double the lubricity of mineral oil.

Hi Trek,

Thanks for your kind reply.I went to the service station for changing the oil and filter.But the technician said that the oil is too black.so I need to do the flushing.he did flushing,changed filter,added semi synthetic oil.he told me if it was synthetic oil you need to change the oil only at 10k kms and if its semi synthetic its at 5k km.Later on he advised to use fuel injector cleaner which is required for better mileage it seems.so all done in this service.he said in next 5k km i need to do only oil change..filter is required to change only at 10k km it seems.

Hi Technician..thanks for your reply..No..i havent considered doing it myself..i have done the servicing from an Adnoc service station yesterday.As the oil was really black,i had to do the flushing.They were doing flushing with an OBS machine.Also the technician over there recommended fuel injector cleaner and did that as well..the oil was semi synthetic oil..so all in all even though it costed alot,engine is completely flushed ,oil is changed and the fuel injector cleaner was poured into the petrol tank.i hope this will help for a smooth run and a breakdown at a later stage.

@Shafeek, I wish mechanics wouldn't do what this one did. The fact that oil is black does not mean that it has to be replaced. Oil only needs to be changed when it is due for replacement, or after the engine has overheated, which is when the additives in the oil break down due to the excessive heat, and /or the oil becomes contaminated with engine coolant. If the oil has not reached its replacement mileage, there is no need to replace it. 

You will find that the new oil in your engine is black after having changed it only a couple of days ago. All engine oil turns black almost immediately after an oil change- this is caused by the oil coming into contact with combustion products, and the old oil that is still in the engine- it happens in all engines, and it does not affect the oil in meaningful ways until you reach the recommended replacement mileage. 

I am afraid this mechanic had ripped you off. Black oil is normal, and it does not necessarily mean that the engine must be flushed. One more thing, semi-synthetic oil is a blend of synthetic and mineral oil, which means that even though the synthetic component adds some lubricity to the blend, the mineral oil reduces the lubricity of the synthetic component, so you really don't win much with a blend, if you win anything at all.

It may be true that these types of blends might sometimes offer better lubrication than pure mineral oil, but for a few Dirhams more, you could have had the full benefit of fully synthetic oil that will last a lot longer than the blend they sold you.  Also, never change the oil without the filter, or the filter without the oil- this mechanic gave you some really bad advice about this. 

Injector cleaner in a 2015 engine? You were ripped off with this too; injectors last almost forever, and all fuels sold today contain additives that help keep injectors clean as you drive anyway. The problem with some types of aftermarket injector cleaner is that they can cause the build-up of deposits on the sparkplug electrodes, thereby reducing engine performance and increasing fuel consumption, so you could actually lose money in the long run.

Sorry to say this, but you got a really bad deal this time.  

• Like (+1) 1

In my opinion, injector cleaner is snake oil, something for people to sell and make commission. The only way to really clean injectors is to remove them and use ultrasonic cleaning and even then, it's something that rarely needs done.

The colour of old oil can be an indicator of needing to change it. Sometimes you might buy a car without service history or maybe you just plain forgot the last time you had it changed. The simplest way to tell is rub some between your finger and thumb. The oil, even if black, should have a reddish/brownness to it and it should be 'slippy', after all, oil is a lubricant. If it's black/black and sticky it's definitely time to change it. Changing oil early won't do any harm but leaving it too late certainly might. I've seen people on an American truck forum saying that the engine oil has to be changed every 3000 miles. That's a bit severe in my eyes, especially in these days of synthetic oils where the service intervals are becoming further and further apart, there are some VW oils where they say the oil will last for 20k miles before it needs changed but personally, I would never leave it that long on my own cars.

• Like (+1) 3

On April 27, 2016 at 0:06 PM, Technician said:

In my opinion, injector cleaner is snake oil, something for people to sell and make commission. The only way to really clean injectors is to remove them and use ultrasonic cleaning and even then, it's something that rarely needs done.

The colour of old oil can be an indicator of needing to change it. Sometimes you might buy a car without service history or maybe you just plain forgot the last time you had it changed. The simplest way to tell is rub some between your finger and thumb. The oil, even if black, should have a reddish/brownness to it and it should be 'slippy', after all, oil is a lubricant. If it's black/black and sticky it's definitely time to change it. Changing oil early won't do any harm but leaving it too late certainly might. I've seen people on an American truck forum saying that the engine oil has to be changed every 3000 miles. That's a bit severe in my eyes, especially in these days of synthetic oils where the service intervals are becoming further and further apart, there are some VW oils where they say the oil will last for 20k miles before it needs changed but personally, I would never leave it that long on my own cars.

Hi Guys,

What the guy said was flushing should be done at 30K kms..and as i didnt do the oil change for past 10k kms,oil was black and he was recommending for flushing as well.later on he said as you are changing everything injector should be clean so injector cleaner is mandatory..finally while leaving he was saying that injector cleaner should be used at every 50K kms.my vehicle is just 30k kms..from you guys i understood that this is definitely an fluid just to make money..next time i should go for a synthetic oil and no more flushing nor injector cleaner.was able to learn from you guys.thanks alot for your comments.

Cheers

Shafeek

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like (+1) 7

Important Information

Terms of use