•  
Advertise here

Climb Dance

Barry

I think this is one of the finest car videos ever produced. Ari Vatanen attacking Pikes Peak hill climb in a Peugeot 405 T16. I just love it when he's going sideways at 100MPH with one hand on the steering wheel and holding the other up to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Nice video mate, were they using drones in 1989 to get the aerial shot of car following or just a extremely expensive video camera with superb skilled cameramen.....?

Peugeot rally cars were great, dont know what happen to them now with commercial models.

The aerial stuff was all done by helicopter.

Peugeot are still competing in rallying but TBH, rally coverage is crap these days. It used to be a family sport that was on television every weekend but now it seems to have gone underground and only the die-hard fans are watching.

Here's one of my favourite Peugeots. Well, when I say Peugeot, the only thing remaining from the original car is the bulkhead and windscreen frame lol. It was built by a farmer in his shed and I love the engineering that has went into it. It has been completely space framed, has a mid mounted Cosworth V6 engine, Metro 6R4 running gear and fibreglass panels from an ice racer. It was extremely competitive in England a few years ago and won a lot of trophies but it was banned on 'safety grounds'. Although the truth is that it was banned because the guys spending 200K stg on ex-WRC cars couldn't handle the fact they were getting beaten by a 306 a farmer had built in his shed so they kicked up a fuss about it.