•  
Advertise here

dubizzle exposed

taqir

I want to educate everyone here about the major scam happening at dubizzle as I have been victim of this few times in the past, but caught it very recently and realize WTF big time.........!

Very long story short: In dubizzle used car dealers are putting their fake car adverts at much lower prices as a seasonal turn per week wise. For ex: Week 1 BMW X5 float in dubizzle at dirt cheap price, week 2 Toyota camry comes at dirt cheap price and then so on and so forth for all well know car models. If you call those guys, either they don't answer or reply with car is sold. If car is genuinely sold then why the fuck they don't delete the advert and keep wasting genuine buyer time. You will know the secret shortly.

Flip side of these fake low roller used car classified is when seeing these ads of fast moving cars selling at such low price, then genuine seller also place their selling price lower to sell it fast and then dealer start the 500 calls a day flood with half the asking price as cash buyer or "whats your last cash price" (dealers favorite) or give me good price i will buy it in 1 hour. This drama goes on as fast as possible within first week time and your car is sold among any of the dealer guy looking like a private deal.

If you follow up closely with your car a week or two week later it will float back in dubizzle and all other used car sites with at least 50% markup of what you sold it for. Car dealer here are really talking undue advantage of dubizzle reach and making money by these unfair practices.  They rig the price down by fake ads and then buy cheap and sell at more. This is why I think at the moment Dubai car market is all time low, as no one wants to sell their car at dirt cheap price and they think of using for another year and wait for better times.

After getting this hit for last time I realized that how come I got so many calls a day for my car, even though dubizzle reach is awesome but how come so many people in Dubai want to buy my car and not anyone out of those 50 cars listed in dubizzle. This curiosity made me go deeper and I started calling random ads at random times (all were switched off or sold) and few days later I found my own car on dubizzle at much higher price than what I sold it for. Spoke to that guy and told him this was my car and he immediately switched off the phone and deleted that dubizzle advert. :x

What a waste of whole buying and selling game for real car user who fall into their trap almost on daily basis without even realizing it.

• Like (+1) 2

Seriously man, you went so deep to catch it. Good finding and thanks for sharing.

My car isn't going to see dubz face ever.....! Anyways they are pricey now, so all the more reason to not to use.

Thanks Taqir, for really interesting find as I always wonder why we have sudden surge of calls for first 1-2 days as soon as we place used car advertisement in dubizzle and then interest dies completely, when you stick to your firm asking price. Now I know.

Have you reported this to Dubizzle? Of course you don't have any proof, but just as a word of caution.......!

There is no point of reporting as they already know all this and lot more scams that dealer run through dubizzle.

Dubizzle don't take any serious action as car businesses feed multiple times more cash, website traffic and inventory than genuine user.

Genuine user buy and sell car once in 2-3 year, dealer sell 10-20 cars in a month. You got the maths right....!

I stopped using dubizzle long long ago. It was nice and intuitive site kept neat and clean before too much money agenda came on mind and ruined the whole site. Everyday people are moving away from dubizzle since they started charging money for every single classified. Perfect example of how to ruin most successful and loving local brand.

Read here: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.dubizzle.com

After reading this I feel like going back in time and undo my used car sale thru dubizzle and hope to get a fair deal. The only problem is that when price get dictated by dubizzle kind of famous site, then no one else is gonna pay me extra as per the fair value.

I have seen here in UAE, that no one calculate the real car resale value as per kms driven and year owned, all goes with the rate floating in the used car market. Too bad.

This seems like wolf of wall street oops wolf of dubizzle street example. Extremely clever and genius but in a wrong way.

I always put No dealers and time waster for cash offer, my price is fixed. This eliminates almost 50% literate dealers, and only have to deal with illiterate dealers who don't have patience to read the full ad till end before calling.

Used Car dealers here in Dubai has no fear and no ethics and no respect for people time, life and money. I have seen used car dealers in awir selling car with reverse kms or totaled car so shamelessly that even if you confront them in 5 questions they insult you and ask you to leave.

Last year I have spent two weeks in checking one car from Dubizzle of used car dealer in ras al khor area, I was about to finalize and called my insurance to check the rates and found that car has been totaled from dealer 3 months back as it involved in serious accident. Went back to the car dealer to cross-check and he denied the fact and within 5 mins his whole attitude changed and started speaking to me in insulting words like why I am wasting their time if I can't afford such expensive ride and all.

I told them to take their advertisement off from dubizzle to save another customer but they did not listen, finally I reported to dubizzle and close that topic as I can't fight the world alone if there is too little customer protection exists here for car buyers.

@robert this is exactly what I meant in my earlier post, that there is zero protection for car buyers and seller and that's why dealer able to control the price and benefit them and benefit dubizzle to force them to close their eyes.