•  
Advertise here

RTA fines

cyborg

Hi Fellas,

Is there any comprehensive place to find the full list of RTA fines, as all the bits and pieces are scattered on Internet and no one knows whats the old rate and new rates. There are files I found from 2006 when radar use to be 200 aed. lol. I wish if it still stays that cheap.

Please help build one here and see if this thread get any traction.

• Parking fine: 200 AED
  • Over speeding fine: Minimum - 600 AED + 100 AED (for every 10 more kms over speeding)
  • Seat belt fine: 200 AED
  • Blocking traffic: 200 AED

Well I got one RTA fine for lane discipline for 200 AED in most stupid way, I was right in my path but can't explain to someone who I can't see.

May be he was in rush to meet his target or spelling mistake (god knows), and I had no interest for going to 5 places to explain for 200 AED.

For some odd reason, I couldn't find this information online on the amount or list of all RTA fines that is applicable so wrote an email to RTA and got below reply very promptly. Hope this help all of us here:

LIST OF ALL RTA FINES

Parking fines categories:

• Category 1: Not paying due fee or failure to put the ticket (AED 150).
  • Category 2: Overstaying Expired Time on Ticket(AED 100).
  • Category 3: Exceeding maximum parking time (AED 100).
  • Category 4: Illegal parking like sandy area (AED 200).
  • Category 5: Using Disabled Parking without permit (AED 500).
  • Category 6: Displaying the vehicles FOR SALE (AED 500).

Handicap parking without handicapped parking permits will get RTA fine amounts:

• RTA Fine AED 500
  • Dubai Police AED 1000           

If you Displaying vehicle "for sale" in banned area or Dubai public area: 

• RTA will fine of AED 500 from the parking inspector.

Passengers Smuggling RTA fines:

• AED 4000 RTA fine for the first time payment should be done within 15 days from the fine it was issued.
  • After 15 days the RTA fine will be increased to AED 5000.

You may pay Passengers Smuggling Fine in Dubai as below:

• Location to pay: PTA Agency Building Muhaisnah - 4 -Amman road Fines Section - Close to the PTA Agency Mosque.   Working hours: from 7:30 am till 1:00 pm Sunday to Thursday.   Required documents: ID card , and the fine receipt    Contact number: 042907643
  • Procedure of the Smuggling fine passengers.
    • If a driver caught smuggling passengers, the below will be followed:
    • The inspector will confiscate his driving license and the vehicle registration card
    • First offense for smuggling passengers fine is AED 4,000.
    • if he did not pay within 15 daysthe fine will increase to AED 5,000. 
    • If the you repeat the same offense, then the fine will be AED 8,000.
    • and if he did not pay within 14 days , the fine increase AED 10,000.  
    • If it is the third time within one year, the fine amount will be AED 10,000. 
    • And the driver will be deported out of the country.
    • And if he is local his driving license will be confiscated for one year.
  •  Procedure for the Smuggling Fine Objection. You have to visit the Dubai Buses Website and fill the dispute form. 

Right of way fines:

• RTA Fine payments is 5000 Dhs  (you have to come to Block C 9th floor inspection Dept.)
  • If you called regarding his vehicle that the wheels are locked by RTA between 7:30 AM to 2:00 Sunday to Thursday.
  • Lehbab RTA confiscated vehicle yard Location: Dubai-Hatta road / Al lehbab roundabout / near Lehbab police station.
  • Working time: 24 hours To wing & Impounding light & heavy Vehicles parked in Right of Way1.
  • If you park his vehicle in the right of way and its very close to the yellow line and it cause a danger to the public The RTA inspector will locked the wheels and stick an RTA notice on the body of the vehicle and the You have To visit the RTA main office to complete the Requirements of the fine
  • if you did not visit the RTA with in 1 week from the Date of the notice the RTA will move the vehicle to the Confiscated vehicles yard in Lehbab.
  • If you park his vehicle in the right of way area  and the vehicle did not Cause any danger to the Public (a little bit away from the yellow line) The RTA inspector will  stick The RTA notice in the body of the Vehicle and will not locked the wheels.

Bus/taxi lane fines:

• Dedicating lane for buses and taxi which not allowed for regular vehicles to use this lane: RTA Fine AED 600.

Salik and Dubai Police fines:

• Kindly note that you may coordinate with Dubai Police on 901 regarding Dubai Police fines and with
  • Salik as below details regarding Salik fines:
    • Email Address: [email protected]
    • Salik Fax no : 04 - 2335121 or 04 -2335180
    • Salik Toll Free: 80072545                              

Should you require any further assistance or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected] or call us on 800 9090 and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you.

@danny thats a nice list of RTA fines you shared, I am just curious where are the usual killer fines of overspeeding of most expensive speeding camera radars that break the budget every second month.

Secondly what's with smuggling people fine? RTA also check the visa and if person travelling with you has no visa then they fine the driver? or something else, any clue?

Thanks all, but where is the list of all other major dubai traffic fines like speeding, red light jumping, lane discipline, overtaking, seatbelt, mobile etc.

Another confusion that I have and never got a clarity that in Dubai, front passenger seat belt is must of not? Some says no it's not and they have been never fined by police and some says it's must. Whats the reality guys?

@milane and @amitaj like I said before it's a list of "RTA fines" and not dubai traffic fines or dubai police fines.

Secondly by smuggling people, RTA means is use of personal car as a sharing taxi, like pathan taxi that we used to have here before 2006 when RTA launched the Metro and National taxi (read between the line) ;-)

Edited by Danny
grammatical error